Cradle With Usb Ethernet

narmak

So, I just got my cradle in the mail a few days ago, and I am very satisfied with it, everything I've tried with it has worked well. The radio shack Playstation to Usb controller converter works well and gets detected on everything i've tried it with, as well as the logitech usb controller i purchased from the shack too. It detects my other smc cards through a card reader, and Video out seems to be working well, aside from a little bit of the screen being chopped in certain applications. I dug up an old 4.5v power supply and tried it out, works perfectly and kills the really annoying screeching sounds you hear coming from the cradle when using batteries. Usb mouse works in qtopia too. Was going to try the palm top gpe software, but wanted to get internet working first. I was curious whether anyone has tried using one of those usb to ethernet converters (not wireless), that often comes in along with your high speed modem from dsl and cable internet providers. Usually these sorts of things are plug and play in linux, but I wasn't sure what the support would be like on the gp2x. I don't really plan on toting my gp, a mouse, a keyboard, the cradle, a powersupply and an ethernet dongle around with me in any sort of mobile setup, so this setup should work for just connecting from home. Fill me in on any infos you've got. Thanks.

I Don't know if it will. If you test & it works please PM me. I'm currently in Development of gp2x internet hardware!

ZeroDayATK said:
I Don't know if it will. If you test & it works please PM me. I'm currently in Development of gp2x internet hardware!
It does work, and quite well. Requires some ad-hackery, and you will need to install a new kernel module, pegasus.o

I have a precompiled (for the F200) module available at:

http://kaizo.org/misc/gp2x/pegasus.o

You still need to ifconfig the interface and add a route, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
simonb said:
ZeroDayATK said:
It does work, and quite well. Requires some ad-hackery, and you will need to install a new kernel module, pegasus.o

Installing? How would I go about this?

Same question here.
ZeroDayATK said:
simonb said:
ZeroDayATK said:

Installing? How would I go about this?

Back