Cradle + Gamepads

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
I've recently got the cradle and I tried using the logic3 rumblepad with it without any success. So I've decided to get another gamepad but I don't want to waste money if I get the wrong one.

Could anyone recommend any USB gamepads that they know works with the gp2x, please?

Thanks.

I recommend Genius Maxfire Pandora Pro. It is very portable USB gamepad. It is shame that gp2x cannot give any feedback from it.
But all of my Logitech (2xPrecision and RublePad2) worked also well.

I have the dual box version of the mayflash adapter and it does not work with my gp2x. The usb device is found but none of the buttons work.

Yrx, the adaptor you referred to is out of production.

Can people list which console gamepad to USB adaptors work?

I got a XBOX 360 wireless controller and I love using it to play emulators on the my PC.

Fueler said:
I have the dual box version of the mayflash adapter and it does not work with my gp2x. The usb device is found but none of the buttons work.

Yrx, the adaptor you referred to is out of production.

Can people list which console gamepad to USB adaptors work?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-1hv.html

It says it's back-ordered, and not out of production. (And yes, there is a difference :p )

But they very well could be done making it, in which case I would say grab it quick when this last shipment comes in. If it comes in at all...

Last edited by a moderator:
And remember, if you find that your USB Pad is not working, don't forget to switch them on from the GP2X system menu! There's an option called "USB Host" which needs to be on and well as "Human Interface". These are not on by default. I spent several frustrated hours wondering why the hell my pads weren't working. :)

slaanesh said:
And remember, if you find that your USB Pad is not working, don't forget to switch them on from the GP2X system menu! There's an option called "USB Host" which needs to be on and well as "Human Interface". These are not on by default. I spent several frustrated hours wondering why the hell my pads weren't working. :)
lol, Me too.

Yrx said:
slaanesh said:
I spent several frustrated hours wondering why the hell my pads weren't working. :)
lol, Me too.

Me too :p

Yeah make sure you configured it right before buying something new..
I am also using a Logic3 gamepad (not the rumblepad btw.)

would a xbox 360 controller work or a xbox to usb controller and would i just plug it in and go.

I bought a maxfire minipad and that works fine! :)

Also bought a scart to s-video and rca leads but that gives me a perfect black and white picture! :(

Although the s-video to rca type lead (that came with my graphics card) works perfectly - even though the rca type is the wrong type, if you know what I mean.

namco said:
I bought a maxfire minipad and that works fine! :)

Also bought a scart to s-video and rca leads but that gives me a perfect black and white picture! :(

Although the s-video to rca type lead (that came with my graphics card) works perfectly - even though the rca type is the wrong type, if you know what I mean.

I personally use a smartjoy (SNES to USB adaptor) with my gp2x + cradle and I couldn't be happier. It works so well. I have an s-video to composite adaptor and that works great too.

Is there a way to map the gp2x's controls to an external game pad for emulators/games that don't support game pads?

Back