Cradle Power Supply Question

BenRoshi

I've got a mk1 GP2X, but I figured that that'd be no problem with the cradle, because it's got a power port on it. Not only that, but I had bought a power supply unit for the Gp2X, so I figured I'd just plug that thing in, and be good to go.

Problem: my power supply doesn't fit in the cradle's slot. So now I guess I have to buy one, but I'm an electronics newb, can someone fill me in on how to figure out where and what to buy?

The consensus is this:

• To power the Cradle, you need a 5V, 2A center-positive adapter.
• To power the MK I GP2X, you need a 3V, 1 to 2A center-negative adapter (the official GPH one works great).

Thanks for the feedback! If I get any adaptor that fits those specs, will it work with my cradle? Or do I need to measure the hole size as well? I'm asking this because my PSP adaptor has the right amps and volts, but doesn't fit in, and I'm wondering if that's because it's center-negative (I don't know how to tell if something is) or if there's a size issue as well.

BenRoshi said:
Thanks for the feedback! If I get any adaptor that fits those specs, will it work with my cradle? Or do I need to measure the hole size as well? I'm asking this because my PSP adaptor has the right amps and volts, but doesn't fit in, and I'm wondering if that's because it's center-negative (I don't know how to tell if something is) or if there's a size issue as well.
You better measure the plug/hole diameter. I think you could figure out which it is by using a LED (the other foot in the hole and the other to the side) And see which way it lights up, also in some adapters it is printed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
most multi-purpose powersupply's come with multiple heads, one of which is bound to fit your needs. Usually the polarity is determined by the way you connect the head to the cable, you'll really want to check this... I think the Cradle is pretty robust, but I managed to fry my GP2X by putting the wrong polarity into it.

Back