Power Supply Question

Yrx

the Happy Conqueror
Website
Visit site
This is probably a really obvious question, but I just want to make sure about it.

If you plug in a power supply for the cradle, do you also need an additional power supply/batteries for the actual GP2X? I've heard that if you just plug in the power supply to the GP2X, the cradle will draw power from the system, and I just wanted to make sure it works the other way around as well. And if so, which would be a better option: the power supply for the actual GP2X, or the power supply for the cradle?

Like I said, I know this probably has a stupidly easy answer, but my GP2X hasn't gotten here yet, plus the fact that I wouldn't want to run out and buy the wrong thing.

EDIT: By the way, I've been browsing around here, and there seem to be TONS of problems with this system. Should I be worried, or is everyone just really negative? :unsure:

the gp2x can power the cradle, but not the other way around. The cradle shouldn't need it's own powersupply unless you plug something power hungry into it, such as a hard drive or wifi adaptor.

Make sure you check the specifics before you plug a powersupply in. I fried my gp2x by putting in the wrong power polarity (It must be center negative). (The cradle has different power requirements, I believe it's center positive).

Yrx said:
EDIT: By the way, I've been browsing around here, and there seem to be TONS of problems with this system. Should I be worried, or is everyone just really negative? :unsure:
If you mean system as in the cradle, I have no idea since I've not used it. But if you're referring to the GP2X, well, it does have a few small issues but trust me, it'll be outweighed by the weeks and months of fun you'll have with it. It's all personal taste, but even the most hardened critics on here probably still love it. I know I do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch! Now I just have to wait... Why is Hong Kong so far away? :(

Back