Cradle Crashes My Gp2x

Well, that tears it ...

No opening for the USB port, partly covered power switch, EXT cover gets in the way of the connector, it crashes the '2X ...

I was going to get one to keep on my desk at work, but not now. This shoddy workmanship is unacceptable, even by GPH's standards ... :angry:

To allay fears.. mine works fine with my Mk2 with an adapter (not tried batteries, but that won't make a difference): 3V into the GP2X, it powers the cradle and USB controller. Not the simplest of fits at first, but once I'd learnt where to apply the force, the GP2X went in ok.

My Logic 3 PSP speaker cradle has similar connection problems to retro-haven's cradle. I'd make sure you're pushing it in fully and then, if this doesn't solve it, look to get a replacement. Hopefully, just a one-off.

>> Just to point out, I powered on my GP2X once it was properly inserted in the cradle, The power switch *is* accessible. Just..!

ste_167 said:
To allay fears.. mine works fine with my Mk2 with an adapter (not tried batteries, but that won't make a difference): 3V into the GP2X, it powers the cradle and USB controller. Not the simplest of fits at first, but once I'd learnt where to apply the force, the GP2X went in ok.

My Logic 3 PSP speaker cradle has similar connection problems to retro-haven's cradle. I'd make sure you're pushing it in fully and then, if this doesn't solve it, look to get a replacement. Hopefully, just a one-off.
Nice to know :D

Where did you buy yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I have it working !!!!

I needed the 5v power supply to the cradle, once powered you can insert the gp2x when turned on and its fine. (no other devices at this point).

I have just plugged in my 2gb USB memory stick with pics on it and the port lighted and when in 'pictures' it could see the external disk and read the jpgs first time.

Very impressive...

OUT out interest, my old IOMEGA External Zip drive power supply was 5V 2A and the plug fitted nicely...

I'm using the powersupply I got from GP2X when I bought my GP2X to power the GP2X and a third party 5v 2a powersupply for the cradle.

I am guessing its either a faulty cradle of power supply, i'm going to have a look for one later - if anyone can reccomend one online then I'd be grateful.

I am more tempted toward the cradle being at fault though as it should really run fine without power.

retro-haven said:
Yes it dosn't go on the cradle otherwise.

That's not true, pulling the cap out and towards the screen allows the cradle to be powered and it works just fine for me.

Gemsi said:
retro-haven said:
Yes it dosn't go on the cradle otherwise.

That's not true, pulling the cap out and towards the screen allows the cradle to be powered and it works just fine for me.
Sure, but after doing that 10 or 12 times the thing breaks off anyway - at least mine did! :lol:

FTR:
GP2X mk2
Firmware 2.1.0

I've had no problems powering the cradle and a joystick from the GP2X using batteries or the GP2X power supply.

I've had a couple weird glitches:
One boot in the cradle on GP2X power supply where the system hung on the loading screen...
One incidence where I couldn't go back to LCD from TV out...

And, as I mentioned above, my EXT port cap broke off and is loose now, which irritates my anal, "I'm-keeping-all-the-original-packaging", materialistic nature... :lol:

Plugged it into my 27" Sony Trinitron and played Garou MotW with GNGeo0.7a-beta2 this morning. I was using my cheapy Logitech Precision USB joystick and everything worked great, but the image was slightly "over-sized" for the TV screen (NTSC) trimming a bit around all four edges - still completely playable once I adjusted the screen position though, I just couldn't see how many credits I had remaining (not many usually :lol: )

If I can get CPS2 working with a joystick, I'll be in 7th heaven...

jimid2 said:
And, as I mentioned above, my EXT port cap broke off and is loose now, which irritates my anal, "I'm-keeping-all-the-original-packaging", materialistic nature... :lol:
Ha! I keep all the original packaging PLUS all the boxes & letters they were shipped in B)

Back