Using Gp2x+cradle+keyboard+mouse+wireless+usb Hd - Like Minimac

TommyPT

Still Fresh
I want to know if ther is a linux distro to use on my GP2X like a total OS!

My idea is using my Gp2X like a portable on the road and at home I m run that like a computer using the cradle.

exemple:

On the road I use it: mp3, movies, games, etc..

Wen I m at home I put it on the cradle and its like a computer, using the cradle to put mouse, keyboard, and external estorage.

Thaks in advance for your help and ideas.

TommyPT said:
I want to know if ther is a linux distro to use on my GP2X like a total OS!

My idea is using my Gp2X like a portable on the road and at home I m run that like a computer using the cradle.

exemple:

On the road I use it: mp3, movies, games, etc..

Wen I m at home I put it on the cradle and its like a computer, using the cradle to put mouse, keyboard, and external estorage.

Thaks in advance for your help and ideas.
well the firmware already has ftp, samba, telnet, mouse & keyboard support...

depending on what you want to use it for, it could fulfill that purpose out of the box already. it really depends on what "total os" means to you. if you need more, there's qtopia, a pdf reader, some other stuff. perhaps the one big flaw is lack of a real-time clock. also, web browsing might not be too fast because of the ram size, but it defintiely works. keep in mind that you will need to use ethernet over usb, which means you've gotta have a regular computer going anyway :(

or you could do this, little involved though. a similar procedure would probably work with a regular (wired) usb ethernet card too. maybe someone can shed some light there. i mostly play games on mine :)

the other thing is, you're a bit limited in terms of gui. no gnome, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is Qtopia, but that is a more handheld oriented OS, and it only runs as an image ATM.

Ask around (or check Google/the '2X wiki) for the Open2X project, that is a full replacement OS.

Back