Adaptor With Cradle

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hi, this is just an extension to my previous post. Was wondering if I may have damaged my GP2X by doing this? I hooked the GP2X to my adaptor, then put it in the cradle to see if it worked. The adaptor was on 3V and the LED light on the cradle came on as it's meant to. When I went back to the GP2X later on, this is when the memory card could not be read anymore. Any links? I'm sending the card back so I'll see what happens with the new one. Is it okay to take the card out/in whilst the GP2X is on?

Sorry about the long message!

Nick

It's safe to remove the SD card whilst the GP2X is on, aslong as it's not writing to the SD card. If it was writing to the SD card, you'll usually just get some corrupt files or file system - usually a reformat fixes anything caused by unplugging while writing. I can't imagine it directly breaking the GP2X or SD card.

Yes and yes, the PC reads it and I reformatted and chkdsk'd the card. I connected the GP2X to the PC and tried accessing the Sd card, drive F, that way, but it said the card needing formatting. Strange. I'd be surprised if it was the GP2X. I'm sending the card back to Komputer Solutions tomorrow so hopefully the new one will work. Don't want to have to send the unit back to Playasia (postage costs!!!). Haven't got another card to test it!

Do you think there's a better chance of the GP2X being okay if it can still read the internal memory? Someone else in here has a problem with the card reader and the internal memory, anyone else have this?

Back