Cradle Crashes My Gp2x

retro-haven

Still Fresh
Hope its just me but the cradle crashes my GP2X when its put on it. Dosnt matter if GP2X is on or off when inserted either. When the GP2X is lifted off the cradle it reboots. Firmare 2.11, it was crashing the same on 2.0 as well.

Im getting the same thing.

I have Mark 2 and no power supply in the cradle.

If i plug in when the gp2x is on it crashes, if I insert first then turn on it does not boot..

I have USB set to Always on.

If I take it out the cradle a little it resets and powers up..

Firmware = 2.0.0

:( to Nickmon

Further info is

MK II
Batteries in and out and tried with power supply both ways
Cradle with and without power.
Cradle with and without any devices plugged in (USB and TV out).
Inserted GP2x into cradle on and off with all variations of above.
Firmware 1.4 2.0 2.1 3.0
all no go.

Everytime the GP2X crashes when inserted but reboots fine once removed from cradle.

**Update

Just tried it with power to the gp2x only and no joy.

retro-haven said:
:( to Nickmon

Further info is

MK II
Batteries in and out and tried with power supply both ways
Cradle with and without power.
Cradle with and without any devices plugged in (USB and TV out).
Inserted GP2x into cradle on and off with all variations of above.
Firmware 1.4 2.0 2.1 3.0
all no go.

Everytime the GP2X crashes when inserted but reboots fine once removed from cradle.
Im getting exactly the same thing..lines on screen and crash

Yep boots fine after removed from cradle...

I dont have power yet to test the cradle with...

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't work without power to the cradle, at least the developer board doesn't so I presume it is the same.
Try batteries in GP2X and power supply in cradle (I guess it takes the same one as the GP2X?).

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Any change in results if you turn USB host off on the 2x?

p.s. If your using a replacement launcher or menu, then try it without that too.
no difference.

retro-haven said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Which store did you buy your cradles from?
Could just be a bad batch :(
http://gp2x.co.uk/

Same here.

Tripmonkey_uk said:

p.s. If your using a replacement launcher or menu, then try it without that too.
Yep tried that as well

I wonder if its some sort of sort circuit ?

Can any one that has one pose how you use it IE is it a case of machine on, usb setting on and push into cradle?

I am getting this with no USB devices connected by the way

retro-haven said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:

no difference.

Damn.. I was hoping it would be something simple :(

Could be..

Defective cradle as Jaguarandine suggested - hard to test without another 2x handy or another cradle.

GPH Firmwares not compatible with cradle - can be tested by installing Open2x & seeing if the same problems persist.

Design flaw???

Anything else that anyone can think of?

p.s. Sorry Nickmon, you posted after I started replying :)

Are you all running the cradle off power? I doubt even the MK2 can power it really...
Also, I've noticed with the developer board that if you don't get the connector in cleanly whilst the GP2X is on, it reboots sometimes.

Orkie said:
Are you all running the cradle off power? I doubt even the MK2 can power it really...
Also, I've noticed with the developer board that if you don't get the connector in cleanly whilst the GP2X is on, it reboots sometimes.
Yes no power, I was only trying to sit it in there turned on to start with to then try TV sockets..

A dodgy connection would be worrying

Nickmon said:
Orkie said:
Yes no power, I was only trying to sit it in there turned on to start with to then try TV sockets..

A dodgy connection would be worrying

If you move a normal TV-out cable about slightly, do you have the same problems then or is it just with cradles & bobs?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
If you move a normal TV-out cable about slightly, do you have the same problems then or is it just with cradles & bobs?
Hey we think alike, I tried that with a TV out cable, gave it a good wiggle and the Gp2x stays on and fine.

Its only when you insert it into the cradle

Nickmon said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Hey we think alike, I tried that with a TV out cable, gave it a good wiggle and the Gp2x stays on and fine.

Now I'm starting to get a lot more worried. It's sounding more & more like a design flaw or dodgy cradle.

We probably won't be able to tell completely, until people who have bought cradles from other stores come forward & give their results I'm afraid :(

Nickmon said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:

Exactly the same here.

Back