Cradle/bob Usb Controller Problem

ste_167

Website
Visit site
UPDATE >> Possible solution?

Does anyone find that you can't just go from fully left to right on the joypad in one movement? You need to release it from it being pushed left, and then push to go right.

For example, you're playing Mars Matrix and have the pushed the controller pushed fully left, and then you push it fully right but the ship doesn't go right, it just stays where it is. However, if you let the joystick centre itself and if you then push right, then it works.

I've tried two controllers (Microsoft SideWinder and a Competition Pro joystick), but both have this problem.

I've a DaveC d-pad mod (works great!), I'm not sure if this could be an issue?

// Apparently, there was a thread detailing this problem? I can't for the life of me find it! I've searched every term I can think of (with Google "site: www.gp32x.de").

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's not because of the d-pad mod..
I'm wondering if this is a common problem, if so I might not buy a bob. (Reminds me of those mobile java games, where you can't press up and right at the same time, it will only respond on one button)

Maybe you should try a different emulator using a different driver or something?

I don't experience this issue ...

I have 2 Logitech USB Joypads, a Dev. BOB and a MKI GP2X ...

... and your avatar is hilarious :lol: ...

Hmmm somebody told me that it happened cause i was pressing to hard on the pad... rubish!!!

MArs matrix is defenitly that game where u can tell this problem. It doesnt happend with pulsar tho.

Check this thread

Thanks for the replies. TelcoLou, it amuses me too :p

The problem is also evident on MAME. Ghouls 'n' Ghosts is 'impossible' to play, because you need to constantly switch directions.

"somebody told me that it happened cause i was pressing to hard on the pad"
Interestingly, I have found that if you don't push the joystick *fully* in a direction then you are able to switch directions. However, playing like that is a skill in itself! You certainly can't do it whilst playing something like Mars Matrix, or a Neo-Geo beat-em-up. Annoying, isn't it?

Yes, I first noticed the glitch in CPS2 playing Mars Matrix. I have no problems with the built in DaveC d-pad, only when using an external USB controller.

maybe the center button causes some short of problem and in the USB is something else ... damn i was looking forward to buy the cradle to get ride of this problem but , .. shit.. :(

JimmySlam said:
maybe the center button causes some short of problem and in the USB is something else ... damn i was looking forward to buy the cradle to get ride of this problem but , .. shit.. :(
I've got a modded thumbstick click button at the back so, in my case, there's no chance of me pressing it when using the external USB controller.

If any Cradle users have a DaveC modded GP2X and/or a Competition Pro joystick, could they try using Mars Matrix on CPS2 to see if they have similar problems?

ie. Push fully to the left and hold, then move the joystick straight to the right. Does the ship get 'stuck'?

Thanks!

Update:

After a lengthy session with Mars Matrix, I too have experienced this, only intermittently ... also happened in 1944 Loop Master.

It's very random though, so maybe a bug in the emulator (?)

Also: It took a few tries to get the emu to recognize my USB joypad in port 1 on the BOB (far left). I had to refresh USB device 3 times ...

Thanks for giving it try. I'm sure it was a pleasure. Great game!

I'm not having any USB control recognisation problems (any port works), but the 'sticking' problem (let's coin a phrase!) happens consistantly every time.

I'm going to get hold of another USB control pad from a friend to see if it works any better. Third time lucky, maybe..

This does seem a bit of an isolated case rather than a common problem.

Back