Cradle/b.o.b On Utube

gally78

Still Fresh
Hi, I came across this video on uTube and was wondering if anyone could shed any light onto what USB adaptor he is using.
Is it a normal B.O.B with a fancy case or is an extra USB board with a TV out.
It seems to do the job whatever it is.
Cheers

Might have helped if I included a link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-qWCFPTY0

It looks like it was hacked together from a usb hub, really cool video. Thanks. Let me know if you find info on it, would love to know how he did it.

Why doesn't this guy sell that thing? As a matter of fact, why isn't the current cradle like that? Oh, yeah that's right........GPH exists in the world. ;)

Would it be possible for some spanish speaker to ask whether he would be prepared to make and sell more? I for one would be interested.

Can't see the video but from the stills it's neat but looks like it might lack where I use my cradle most, keeps the gp2x from falling off my desk when not in use. That small footprint does not look too stable. Nice, very nice but appears it might be a bit tipsy to me where the bob holds it very securely.

I'd just like to know how he did it. where do you get information on stuff like that? I'm not too familiar with electronics, but I seem to be pretty good at finding my way around with a soldering iron and like to take on projects like this. If anyone has any info or links on the pin outs of the extension port and the type of cable i need to make the ext -> usb cable, (I've heard its from samsung, but is it widely available? is it normally a power cable for a mobile?) this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, just found the info. If anyone else is interested, it's all at http://wiki.gp2x.org :) my bad

Sphinxter said:
Can't see the video but from the stills it's neat but looks like it might lack where I use my cradle most, keeps the gp2x from falling off my desk when not in use. That small footprint does not look too stable. Nice, very nice but appears it might be a bit tipsy to me where the bob holds it very securely.
the one in the video is different to the stills, its just a hub and you leave the gp2x flat on the desk with the ext cable plugged in, its great.

Last edited by a moderator:
A more flatterned hub could probably fit on some velcro on the back of the GP2X purhaps... Would be more useful for portable use.

Is the mini cradle another one that he has knocked up? or is it something that is available?
Compared to the commercial cradle, both of these look like they have more to offer. But I have to agree that the mini one does look a bit unstable

Back