Cps2 Emulator

Wow I didn't think this would be possible on the GP2X, even if it can't handle the sound I could live with that quite happily, excellent stuff! ;)

Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting Dimahoo to work (I'll probably cream my pants when I see this running), I tried last night with my only rom and it wasn't having any of it. B)

Well I've been using the psp version for quite a while now. This version (for a first version) is amazing. It's exactly how the cps2 version was for the first time on psp. Just to let you guys know if you unzip the cache files into a folder for each game, the game will run a hell of a lot better. I was playing Marvle VS Capcom on the psp and it was very jerky like gngeo gets sometimes. When I unzipped the cache files for M VS C it ran 100%. This is going to be nice when it gets optimized. I have faith with this version being just as good if not better than the psp version. It would be nice not to have these lovely games smear across my psp screen. =D

What do you mean by "Just to let you guys know if you unzip the cache files into a folder for each game, the game will run a hell of a lot better"?

Nevermind. I jumped the gun and thought it made the chache files .zip files like the psp one. This is .cache. Sorry. I assumed it zipped the cache files.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get "Marvel vs. Capcom" to working, I had to rename the file. Not all Region-Versions ar compatible but in the rom-Archive all versions are included. If you have trouble with some games, try to rename the Files. There is a list in the Docs-Folder with working/not Working Region-Versions. :)
But "Super Puzzle Fighter" just doesn't work :(

Oh, I noticed, that the Resolution of the Emulator really is completely wrong. Its much wider than the real (wide) CPS2 res should. The Earth in the Background of "MvC" for example look like it was in a press. :lol:

Adding sound will slow it down massively. Playing without sound is not a good option. SNES would be fullspeed w/transparencies if there wasn't sound emulation going on.

I am not saying it is impossible but don't get your hopes up yet for fullspeed CPS2 with sound.

It could be possible though if the Cyclone ASM 68K core was used though. Let's hope this gets that far.
I just downloaded the test 3 version that's pointed to from the news item on the front page.

It looks like it's using the mmuhack, cyclone and drz80. It's not using hardware SDL surfaces, though... don't know if it would improve things using paeryn's hardware SDL acceleration...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back