Cps2 Emulator

Yod4z

You can see a CPS2 emulator port from PSP version on archive by ???.
This version don't support Q Sound emulation and run at 250MHz. It hasn't been optimised just quick port ^^

It work very well for a first version but the color are like passed through a red filter but all the game (1944, SFA, ddtod, avsp) i have tried work very well like fullspeed ^^
mvsc.zip, xmvsf.zip, ssf2.zip, qndream.zip don't load.
sfa3.zip, vsav.zip partialy work but due to no Qsound support it don't work.

I have made a realy quick video here
[cut]
You have to create ".cache" file on Windows before playing using "\romcnv\romcnv_cps2.exe" and copy "\romcnv\cache\" to "\cache" folder. .cache files are like .gfx files on gngeo.
For pepole who don't have GP2x that can't handel 250MHz just edit the "cps2_config".

SELECT: Insert coint
START: Start ^^
A, B, X and Y: Buttons[/cut]

Whoah. I thought you must have moved it to the GP2X News section, not "Other consoles" :blink:

Who made this? Is it the one Zottd was doing?

Oh wait, it says no sound :( Didn't the PSP one have sound?

From the readme: "cps2emu is quick & dirty porting"

The filename says it's a test version so I wasn't expecting much -- but it's an amazing start!

zodttd mentioned he will be using gpu940 for his port. It seems fullspeed with sound is likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't for the life of me get this to work :(

I've tried:
sfa,Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Euro 950727)
sfar1,Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Euro 950718)
1944,1944: The Loop Master (US 000620)

The games show up in the list but the emu just boots me back out to the menu <_<

Do I need the Mame versions or different one's? Do I need to convert these the same way as I did with all the other Mame roms?

Can't for the life of me get this to work :(

I've tried:
sfa,Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Euro 950727)
sfar1,Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Euro 950718)
1944,1944: The Loop Master (US 000620)

The games show up in the list but the emu just boots me back out to the menu <_<

Do I need the Mame versions or different one's? Do I need to convert these the same way as I did with all the other Mame roms?
have you created the .cache file using the romcnv_cps2.exe from the romcnv directory and put this .cache file in the cache directory?
.cache files are like .gfx files in gngeo ^^ but they have a specifique directory in this emulator

have you created the .cache file using the romcnv_cps2.exe from the romcnv directory and put this .cache file in the cache directory?
.cache files are like .gfx files in gngeo ^^ but they have a specifique directory in this emulator
Oops no I havn't.
I'll have to boot up my windows box after all I guess :(
Cheers dude!

EDIT: IT'S ALIVE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Superb test release & the speed is fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens with this one :D

Oops no I havn't.
I'll have to boot up my windows box after all I guess :(
Cheers dude!

I did create the cache files (1944 and gigawing) and still nothing.
When I press b it kicks me back to gmenu and when I press start it just freezes.

I did create the cache files (1944 and gigawing) and still nothing.
When I press b it kicks me back to gmenu and when I press start it just freezes.
You got the US version of 1944 & not the Japan one?
I noticed that only the US version works for that.
I also had to create a link through cps2run.gpe before it would work too, if that helps?

Could only test two roms while having lunch:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 -- runs fullspeed, controls are great (pulling off Dragon Punches no problem).
D&D: Tower of Doom -- again fullspeed. So wonderful to see this on the GP2X...

Some general notes:

* no sound, obviously.
* red cast on graphics, not terrible but noticable.
* L + R + Start exits back to the GP2X menu
* screen cut off just a little on each side. I assume will eventually have scaling options, but it's not too bad at the moment -- not sure I would scale it to be honest, I like the nice, big picture...

Highly impressive for a "quick, dirty port"!

EDIT: this is all at 200mhz, it seems. Yowzer.

Adding sound will slow it down massively. Playing without sound is not a good option. SNES would be fullspeed w/transparencies if there wasn't sound emulation going on.

I am not saying it is impossible but don't get your hopes up yet for fullspeed CPS2 with sound.

It could be possible though if the Cyclone ASM 68K core was used though. Let's hope this gets that far.

Back