How To Get Cps2 Roms Working With Mame?

Azuma

So I'm trying to get a few Darkstalkers games to work using a mame emulator on my pandora. A few months ago I distinctly remember I had one of them working but now none of the emulators will run the rom correctly. It's a little embarrassing because I forgot a lot of what I did to get it working in the first place. I have both a zip file and a cache file (which I had to make when I used to play the game on my caanoo with a cps2 emu) of the game. I can't remember whether I used the cache files, the zips, or even what version of mame I used (mame4all, sdl, etc.). I'm not sure if I forgot the correct way to run the game or if I am doing it right but it's not working for a different reason.
I've tried both the zip and the cache file on each version of mame (SDL, Mame4all, the default one) but none of them work, it usually just gives me an oops message without launching anything. The closest I can get is when I use SDLMame to run the cache files. It actually starts to load the game but then crashes and displays the oops message like the other emus. Thanks for any help you can give me and despite all I forgot I am positive it worked at one point.

Today after eight years you can play whatever game you like with one emulator. RetroArch is one emulator to play a difrent type of Rom's. You can try CPS2 with RetroArch emulator.

Today after eight years you can play whatever game you like with one emulator. RetroArch is one emulator to play a difrent type of Rom's. You can try CPS2 with RetroArch emulator.
It's great that you want to get involved in the Pandora, but reviving years old posts with your first two messages probably isn't the best way to go about it. Most forums frown on necroposting.

FYI, retroarch uses mame, and with mame (and it's derivatives) you still need the romset which corresponds to the version of mame you're using, even if you're using retroarch.

Also, the software you're pushing is also backed by someone with questionable practices, latest :

Back