Cps 2

paxl13

Hi all,

I just discovered the CPS2 emulation and it seem to be pretty cool :D I'm a fan of shooter [ vertial or horizontal ] and shooting plaformer [ ie metal slug ]

Can somone suggest me the best games for the CPS2 system. BTW, I don't request roms, I only want sugestion :D

Thanks for all,
paxl13

markiej posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:30 PM said:
paxl13 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
Can somone suggest me the best games for the CPS2 system. BTW, I don't request roms, I only want sugestion :D
I just asked the same thing:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35297

Good answers there.

I like Mars Matrix & D&D games

Mars Matrix is f**** hard!! Try Gigawing ;)
I also love Street Fighter Alpha 3 and all the Camcom vs Marvel games, but they are'nt shmups

Last edited by a moderator:
But if we're allowed to suggest fighters in here, I'd go with Street Fighter Alpha 1/2/3. 3 especially is probably my favourite entry in the entire series. And it's actually pretty damn playable with the GP2X joystick and the new caps, I didn't have any trouble pulling off QCF movements. Which is more than I can say for the MK1's original cap.

Still not nearly as good as the NGPC's stick for fighters...but then again, that's true of all handhelds.

I'm going repeat myself and say that the Dungeons and Dragons games are so awesome!

IMHO, not only are they the best of the CPS2 games they are amongst the best games of any emulated system.

I have been mainly playing Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom and have found it to have considerable depth though you can easily play it like Final Fight if you wish.

At the start I used to play the Elf alot but I've been warming to the Dwarf.

Some interesting things for the gamer to try:

If the Fighter or Dwarf have empty inventories, try using the secondary weapon for a different attack,

You can crouch by pulling down and pressing the jump button. From there you can roll backwards and forwards and even do a sliding attack. When you crouch you can grab items off the ground much faster if there is a bunch of them all together.

When you jump you can push the joystick in one of four directions and hit the attack button to get a different attack.

To make it challenging, I've entered the service mode and set it to "No continue" which means you get one go at it. This is a lot more fun rather than pumping unlimited credits into it.

Back