64mb Ram - What Will This Mean...

Well yer, 68000 cpu just clocked quicker and a z80 iirc for the sound but im guessing the neogeo must have had some custom chips for the sprite handling but it makes sense, if md is possible, neogeo cant be that far off.

Hey doesn't the PSP emulate the NG and NGCD, but it only has 32 MB of RAM(and the emulator can do 60 fps :) ). The PSP normally does 222Mhz and the GPX2 does 200. Does this mean pretty good emulation of the GPX2?(I would love to be playing Garou right now!!!!!!!! :D )

P.S. :unsure: Sorry for my weird sentences, I'm kinda tired..........

OMars posted on Aug 24 2005 at 03:09 AM said:
Hey doesn't the PSP emulate the NG and NGCD, but it only has 32 MB of RAM(and the emulator can do 60 fps :) ). The PSP normally does 222Mhz and the GPX2 does 200. Does this mean pretty good emulation of the GPX2?(I would love to be playing Garou right now!!!!!!!! :D )

Did you not read my posts on page 1? I posted a lot of good info, including some average speed numbers from my PSP. And PSP can easily clock to 333Mhz, we don't yet know what the GPX2 will really be like in terms of speed.

And the PSP has NeoGeoCD emu, not AES/MVS. 32MB is very limiting. Be glad GPX2 has 64MB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet posted on Aug 22 2005 at 01:09 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Aug 21 2005 at 08:44 PM said:
a (crt) tv is allways hideing some pixels at evry boarder, you notie that when you look the same movie on a tft for example, its about 1cm at evry side that gets cropped

Ah, yes, they overcompensate so people don't see any black borders.

But I think even a Supergun won't cut off 32 pixel columns (which is a lot more than a cm unless you have a 3 inch TV) per side if playing a CPS2 board. Then again, don't have one so don't know.

And you're incorrect about "every" TV. ;) In fact I personally adjusted my Sony Wega (using the "secret" technician's menus) so that my game systems aren't missing any image resolution, just like a PC display.

They probably don't cut off much for arcade stuff yes. I know TVs are terrible about it. I made a few test patterns to put on a MS to test on Sony TVs as I was going to buy one for the HD systems like the 360. I was astonished to find that these TVs in their factory settings cut as much as 150 columns on the sides and 50 on the top and bottom with massive overscan.

I was wondering if the service menus on the Wegas allowed enough adjustment to get rid of overscan. Do you have any cropping now or is everything showing?

DaveC posted on Aug 24 2005 at 04:56 AM said:
I was wondering if the service menus on the Wegas allowed enough adjustment to get rid of overscan.  Do you have any cropping now or is everything showing?

Well, I currently have an XB, PS2 and GC all hooked up via a good switchbox. I mainly play PS2 so that was my primary target. There is zero cropping on PS2 games and it's edge to edge perectly centered and aligned, none for GC games as well, and depending on the title, only none to very little on XB (parts of Halo 2's HUD is a bitch, I think the online patch fixed that but I don't have XBlive). And there are no black areas in normal TV/video viewing so it worked out beautifully. But using the service controls, I could easily remove any and all cropping no problem. The service menu is _very_ extensive, and fun to mess with once you get an idea of what the settings do and how they work. Gives you an enourmous amount of control, I was impressed. Also, many Wegas ship with a geometrical anomaly in one of the corners, and I can happily say I was also able to adjust that via the menus as well.

It took hours of careful tweaking to get it all just right. Most people wouldn't want to bother, but once its done it's done. :) I know you have the patience for it, so yeah, Wega's are pretty cool.

Back