Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil: a video where local government went inside a facility that said they held a lot of covid infected people, turns out, they had zero patients, but were a lot of money from the government for nursing these non-existing people. The representative yells "Thieves". Thieves indeed:
Does that video have any relation to your comment above it? I watched the section before your time-linked section where he claims that both the moon landings and the attacks on the WTC were a hoax, which strikes me as naievity in the extreme. All I saw nearer to your timestamp were some thugs talking portuguese in what looked like a temporary hospital, before I switched the video off as being completely uninformative if not deliberately nasty.

@levi No, only the part of the brazilian authority trying to break into the compound to verify how the money was spend. The rest is a ranting guy with a dog. Not informational.
But that Brazilian corruption is important. So, how do they do the administration? If they supposedly treated people, where did they get names? How did they write down progress. Did their data go to the national statistics? All those people in the compound knew this, so did they get hushmoney? How many went to prison? Why it this no news?

@TeDaDeS Consider this (unrelated to vaccines) disclaimer: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html
How save would you classify this medicine?
That list does look like the cure is worse then the disease.
With medicine they always have to list all the side-effects found during evaluation. If those effects were always present the medication wouldn't be approved.
Labeling something as safe is usually done by looking at the risk. In this case it might be that 0.1% has one of the mentioned side-effects and 0.01% has severe side-effects.
Which would mean that the medicine works as described for 99.98% of the test subjects.

Problem I see is that prednisone is one of those medications I feel are given to a lot of people for no good reason, as it's one of those safe and wildly used medications.
Depending on country: but some countries have hospitals that have deals with suppliers and insurance companies who dictate what treatment is preferred, those include type of medication.
This means that approved medication gets used more because it's accessible and cheaper (as insurance reimburses costs) even thought it might not be the best for you; and this might already be known to your doctor who still prescribes it.
If you are the 0.1% having side-effects with this medication you might have a hard time getting the alternative and possibly have to cover the costs also.

Not sure how this is for other countries, but clinical trials might not always be representative for all groups of their population. Testing is better then no testing as it will probably cover most high risks, but it can also give a false sense of safety if done improperly.
In practice you do see that people from all over the world have biological differences thus have to be present during such a clinical trial. Obvious one would be the lack of testing on women.
“If clinical trials are going to be used to determine standards of care for the general population, then the study participants need to be representative of the general population — and this study shows that often this isn’t the case,”
And animal based testing might also not reflect the effects of medicine on humans:

Clinical trial for Covid-19 is already ongoing: http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-05-22-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-begin-phase-iiiii-human-trials

@levi No, only the part of the brazilian authority trying to break into the compound to verify how the money was spend. The rest is a ranting guy with a dog. Not informational.
But that Brazilian corruption is important. So, how do they do the administration? If they supposedly treated people, where did they get names? How did they write down progress. Did their data go to the national statistics? All those people in the compound knew this, so did they get hushmoney? How many went to prison? Why it this no news?
Well, can you find a source for this that isn't so nasty before I believe in any of this? I mean, I don't automatically disbelieve almost anything coming from Bolsonaro's government, but I prefer not to get my information from US-based fantasists if it's all the same to you.

Yep the corruption is constantly ongoing. Politicians here will steal everything they can, from kid´s school food to public health stuff. In fact, not only the politicians but everybody else including the military and the people.
It is one of the thrills of living in a 3rd world.

I think that campaign hostpital on the video was never actually finished and used. Few days ago a bit of rain got everything flooded to a mess, and that was after some tens of millions went to fix the stadium roof, not counting the actual money that went to the hospital itself. There is so much corruption going it would be impossible for me to name them all, it would be a lot easier to mention what is actually not corrupted, that is, nothing.

As far as deaths and numbers go it is a total mess. So far I haven´t seen people die of covid closer to my circles but the hospitals and health system in brazil was already busted before the pandemia.
The numbers are high, but there must be a lot more going, current situation would mean lot´s of gravedigging and cold trucks going about, which is not happening.
Again, a total mess. I think the only good thing brazil could do to help the pandemia is to use its people as guinea pigs for vaccines, and even for that there will be corruption. ;)

Yep the corruption is constantly ongoing. Politicians here will steal everything they can, from kid´s school food to public health stuff. In fact, not only the politicians but everybody else including the military and the people.

I think that campaign hostpital on the video was never actually finished and used. Few days ago a bit of rain got everything flooded to a mess, and that was after some tens of millions went to fix the stadium roof, not counting the actual money that went to the hospital itself. There is so much corruption going it would be impossible for me to name them all, it would be a lot easier to mention what is actually not corrupted, that is, nothing.

As far as deaths and numbers go it is a total mess. So far I haven´t seen people die of covid closer to my circles but the hospitals and health system in brazil was already busted before the pandemia.
The numbers are high, but there must be a lot more going, current situation would mean lot´s of gravedigging and cold trucks going about, which is not happening.
Again, a total mess. I think the only good thing brazil could do to help the pandemia is to use its people as guinea pigs for vaccines, and even for that there will be corruption. ;)
“Use people as guinea pigs for vaccines”...how totalitarian. People should have a choice.

Sounds very sad, indeed. Maybe it would help to only elect competent people to lead the country, just a weird idea. ^^" They can't be all bad, criminal or incompetent or think that Covid-19 is "just a flu". And please, you should hurry, before the rest of the rainforest is gone. :(

@Phlyra , I was just ranting, choice always.
@fusion_power , There isn´t such a thing as fair election here. Votes are bought from favelas and misery zones. Our system is designed in a way that it won´t permit candidates that are off the corruption schemes to appear I guess the last one was during the 90s.
I think somewhere about 10% in Brazil has access to proper sanitation, so it is easy to picture the level of vote buying that goes around.

I dunno, some of our most recent leaders have fitted those categories to a tee; Cameron was bad, Blair is a war criminal, and Boris is incompetent.
Johnson likes to appear incompetent (an extension of his fuzzy, bendy bus Boris persona) but in reality he - and the rest of the party - know exactly what they’re doing and continue to do so wilfully, even after two UN investigations conclude their actions over the past decade amount to grave crimes against humanity. Both May and Johnson were/are fascist, megalomaniacal, sociopathic, narcissistic, genocidal dictators. Cameron was hardly any better.
Frankly, the Tories should be tried at the ICC in The Hague (same goes for Trump). And yeah, Blair should be tried along with Bush at the ICJ.

Last edited:
@fusion_power , There isn´t such a thing as fair election here. Votes are bought from favelas and misery zones. Our system is designed in a way that it won´t permit candidates that are off the corruption schemes to appear I guess the last one was during the 90s.
I think somewhere about 10% in Brazil has access to proper sanitation, so it is easy to picture the level of vote buying that goes around.
I really hope and witsh that your country will see better times as soon as possible. If there will be a good person that can reach all the poor and they vote for him, maybe.

Johnson likes to appear incompetent (an extension of his fuzzy, bendy bus Boris persona) but in reality he - and the rest of the party - know exactly what they’re doing and continue to do so wilfully, even after two UN investigations conclude their actions over the past decade amount to grave crimes against humanity. Both May and Johnson were/are fascist, megalomaniacal, sociopathic, narcissistic, genocidal dictators. Cameron was hardly any better.
Frankly, the Tories should be tried at the ICC in The Hague (same goes for Trump). And yeah, Blair should be tried along with Bush at the ICJ.
GB seriously has issues, imho. Not only since Brexit. Thatchers ghost still spooks around there it seems. And that's not a good thing.

I really hope and witsh that your country will see better times as soon as possible. If there will be a good person that can reach all the poor and they vote for him, maybe.

GB seriously has issues, imho. Not only since Brexit. Thatchers ghost still spooks around there it seems. And that's not a good thing.
Indeed, couldn’t agree more. It would be bad enough if the issues were only self-inflicted but that doesn’t satisfy the insatiable blood lust of these monsters; we then have to go and inflict such issues upon other countries, like Yemen...

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
Sadly I think that pretty much all countries have issues. And those that have a government that actually wants to do best for its people will usually get pressure from companies or foreign governments who'd rather have it do what is best for their profit.

I hope we'll be able to enact meaningful change before this situation leads to larger scale conflict and chaos.

I hope we'll be able to enact meaningful change before this situation leads to larger scale conflict and chaos.
On a small scale you already see unrest and riots in countries hit by Covid-19. Add some climate change and increasing prices.
I can only imagine countries will have conflicts due to the economic impact, and there is a world-wide impact who knows what will happen.

I'm officially in a very hot spot now (as of last night) :(
Where’s that? Hope as many of you as possible manage to stay safe!
Post automatically merged:

Where’s that? Hope as many of you as possible manage to stay safe!

Kensington in Melbourne, Victoria.
I'll do my best. Thank you for your concern.

Hmm, stay tight. Hope you've got enough food for a few days.

Just enough, will need to get a helicopter to bring us some more this weekend though.
Also, thanks for thinking about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back