Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong, each time your hands want to go to your face, you remember that you have to be careful.
Good masks, like the ones that should have been ready for the medics since January, don't slip.
True, but the good masks that don't slip you shouldn't be buying right now. I guess it's okay if you already had one, but why would you have done that before this started? You should not buy them so there are more for the medics who actually need them.

It was a bit tricky yesterday because when I was out taking my exercise, I kept needing to brush my face to swat flies that were trying to feed on me. That was mainly my forehead and cheeks though, which shouldn't be as bad as my nose and eyes, but it did play on my mind especially after I'd opened some gates and used my hands for things.

Last edited:
True, but the good masks that don't slip you shouldn't be buying right now. I guess it's okay if you already had one, but why would you have done that before this started? You should not buy them so there are more for the medics who actually need them.
You should be careful about what you are trying to imply in some of your sentences.

We can't buy masks in pharmacy/apotheke since the 4 march unless we have a prescription from a doctor:

If the aim for the average person is to make you more mindful about not touching your face, then wouldn't using some kind of scarf around your face be just as effective anyway?

Probably. If it is tightened like a baclava, I think so. Otherwise it falls so you indeed have to do some manual operations.
IMHO, the main goal is not spitting on other people.
It's hard to be careful of everything, I open stuff with my jacket sleeve, but I leave the jacket in quarantine after going home.
I went out only twice since the 16 march.
Yesterday, food shops were full of food but almost empty of customers :^)
Only the frozen food shop misses some pizzas. Frankly, I prefer to buy fresh because a lot of food will end in the thrash.

If the aim for the average person is to make you more mindful about not touching your face, then wouldn't using some kind of scarf around your face be just as effective anyway?

or this

iu

Another day, another document. Mandatory when we go out.
It's very detailed and there is no more of that vagueness about the jogging.
Déplacements brefs, dans la limite d'une heure quotidienne et dans un rayon maximal d'un kilomètre autour du domicile, liés soit à l'activité physique individuelle des personnes, à l'exclusion de toute pratique sportive collective et de toute proximité avec d'autres personnes, soit à la promenade avec les seules personnes regroupées dans un même domicile, soit aux besoins des animaux de compagnie.
That's good news. I'd been hearing that the rules were unclear, and in some places the police were harassing people arbitrarily.

It's a challenge for every country trying to keep people apart at the moment, and we're still in the early days. It's only going to get worse when the kids are screaming and you really need to get them out of the house.

Current flights over the USA:
https://www.flightradar24.com
View attachment 35895
Hope those flights are cleaned properly then.

I didn't see police harassing people in the streets, and I didn't read that in official French press. I guess they are rude with idiots, but who wouldn't ?
I'm confident that they do their job the best they can, as do medics.
But there are articles reporting that classics suburbs thieves and drug dealers (the "youngs from suburbs", like the politically correct guys say) are still doing their job, and are still harassing police:

The French police (as the police in many countries) is quite racist. In ordinary situations you rarely seem them harass people in the streets... unless they've got a darker skin. Even the people I know inside the police tell me this. They've got huge problems of people joining the police just because they like beating up people and feeling superior and being a policeman is one of the few ways to be able to do it legally.

As for the articles about suburbs people, I'd be wary of them. Compare and contrast the tones of these two articles, published the same day:
This one about brave parisians who couldn't resist the call of the sun and dared go outside. Because "with this weather it's hard to get out"
This one about how police and justice have to be harsh against the indiscipline of young people in the suburbs
The first one spends a long time empathizing with the people, telling their stories, etc. while the second is only seen from the point of view of the police.

Link to that 3d printed valve for diver thingie to transform it to respirator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back