Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is GROSS ...
If they need graplers, I'd ask, what happened that rendered gravity that unreliable. ?

This morning, @5:30, I lined up @my local Coles (Spencer street, Melbourne) supermarket, waiting for the doors to open.
At 6am, the doors opened and upon entry, I got trampled because a fuck load of people were running to the toilet paper (1 per customer limit) aisle in a frenzy :(
Pushing and shoving to get staple supplies. What has this world come to?
No delivery services down under?

I wonder why australians have this toilet paper relationship...
Poor guys anyway, fires and now this.

Here schools, offices, restaurants are all closed.
Now trying to work from home but our companies IT infrastructure wasn't really build to handle all employees working from home.

Looks like the markets are tumbling down in the US. Let's see if it dominoes down to Europe.
If the virus didn't push the US market of the cliff Russia helped it a bit by pushing low oil prices.
I expect stocks to fall after the FED try another rate cut, but I'll wait and see what happens.

What surprised me was the way Bitcoin follows the stock markets, I expected it to behave more like gold but I was wrong.
Stocks crashes again while buybacks are stopped, even with the FED's rate cut, same in Europe btw. And Bitcoin is dropping with it.
Countries are banning flights from Europe, not good for business. And in Bangalore they have also closed everything if I understood correctly.
Guess a lot of companies are going to fall over soon, this is probably not good for stocks either.

Macron just got destroyed at the local elections (he's la republique en marche, with 0,08 %):

He's handling the pandemic (--ADDED: and the country) like a dick, so it's no surprise.

---EDIT:
I think he'll try to reset the elections, we'll see that quickly.
Are the yellow jacket protest claimed to be illegal already?
With the virus they have a good reason.

Also: pretty bad year to release a Pyra I assume.
What's worse then a volcano eruption?
Maybe a Pandemic combined with a global recession?

In Italy hospitals are full, with medics and nurses working like 24hrs a day... all the infected people without breathing issues or other serious symptoms are sent quarantined at home.

The situation about schools / work etc... changes from city to city, but mostly schools are closed for a while, substituted with online courses, people can go out only for important things, and only one member of the family at a time.

Lately the people started really to stay at home, that's why the whole "balcony-stuff" happened... in some cities anyway there are still great aggregation of people who don't give a fuck about the quarantine.

Oh, by the way... there is a LOT of toilet paper in the stores... but Alcool is missing !!

If there's a retail version...

Macron announced the measures that should have been taken at least 6 weeks ago, so nothing interesting was told.

Do they not sell computer games in your hypermarkets? I understand in most jurisdictions mainly food shops (excepting cafes) will remain open. And there's always online delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back