Couple Of Questions

jethro jazz

Still Fresh
few GP32 questions for you guys:

in the FAQ it says: "Your GP32 will happily overclock to a speed up to 166Mhz, with the only ill-effect being a shortening of the battery life (down to about 2 1/2 hours in my tests)"

is that 2 and a half hours lit and overclocked? if so, how long does it last w/o the light?

how can you tell if the machine will overclock, and is there a way to ensure getting one that does without paying extra?

ok ok, if i have some brand new fresh batteries, and im running opensnes9x and i set it to run at 166 and the games run fine does that mean my GP32 can be overclocked? :blink:

Sometimes if your GP32 doesnt like to be over clocked as far as you have it, it MIGHT play for awhile and then lock up. If you can play for over 30 mintutes at 166mhz then you should be quite fine. I play for about 20 minutes on my highest clocking (the clock that wont reset the GP32) and then it locks up, doesnt matter what game. The clock setting directly below it, however, works fine.

Button wise for most games its fine, the GP32 has the select button which is close enough to the rest of the buttons to be used (this gives you 5 buttons + start), most snes games use 3 to 4 buttons, with a few exceptions. And the rare game that uses more, those extra buttons are really unneeded. I can foresee problems with minor problems SuperMetriod and similar games that make use of all of the buttons. But there are not many games like that.

Back