Correct File Formats Won't Work

mahavailo7

Still Fresh
I am having difficulty getting video files to play on my gp2x. They are in .avi "Video Clip" format or DivX, but when I try to play them on the unit it says that the files are not supported, while they are very much so supported.... they're like the only ones supported.... please help me

mahavailo posted on Jul 14 2006 at 12:57 AM said:
I am having difficulty getting video files to play on my gp2x. They are in .avi "Video Clip" format or DivX, but when I try to play them on the unit it says that the files are not supported, while they are very much so supported.... they're like the only ones supported.... please help me
if your having troubles you could try and re-encode them with pocketdivx, I believe you use the option for the pocketpc. I have run across a couple videos that don't like the player either, but that should fix it if it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but you have to be an idiot who ignores all codec information in the guides if you cannot get other converters to work. Also you dont understand that AVI is a container type. It stands for Audio/Visual Interleave. I think anyway. The point is that any number of non GP2x compatible codecs could have been used to compress to that avi!

He said it uses the Divx codec...

I would imagine that the problem is that newer versions of Divx doen't work.

Blah posted on Aug 4 2006 at 10:15 PM said:

No, he said it was an avi or a divx. There is a .divx extension... See what I mean?

sam fisher posted on Aug 4 2006 at 06:16 PM said:
Blah posted on Aug 4 2006 at 10:15 PM said:

No, he said it was an avi or a divx. There is a .divx extension... See what I mean?
But a .divx file is just an .avi with divx video and divx audio.... See what he means?

Yes, but he doesn't even know that a .divx file cannot be loaded from the menu due to the extension difference. He can't even use a transcoder for gods sake, with the GP2x! Now, endoding video for the GP32, that sometimes required help. GP2x is a piece of piss compared to that.

Back