How Do I Get Doom Wads To Work

moblindude

Still Fresh
Hello, i'm new to the gp2x, i have prboom on my sd card and it works, but i have doom 1,2 tnt, & plutonium wads, and when i play the prboom.gpe it always starts doom 2. how do i play doom 1? are the tnt and plutonium wads supported? how do i play them? i looked on this forum for the answer, but i couldnt find anything, so now i'm asking for help. also, is there a list of mods that are supported by gp2x prboom? or do the mods need to be fiddled with to get them to work? there is file with a few diff mods like chex quest and gold64 but i have those already and im on a 56k so any sorta large files that i already have and dont need to download makes it easier. please help, thanks!

Just have the wad (for example tnt.wad) and remove any other original doom WAD-files, except related to prDOOM iself.
DooM 1-2, Final Doom worked fine. There only was a some glich in the last level of TNT, same bug was seen with Doom Legacy on PC. I think it caused by some sort of broken tnt.wad

For a complete discussion of getting wads working in PrBoom on the GP2X: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=28930&st=0

Basically you can just copy, rename and edite the prboom.gpe file to do what you want.

Here's what i used for Doom:

#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

You just make a .gpe file for each Iwad you want to try and run those instead of prboom.gpe. All you need to edit is where it says "doom.wad" and put "doom2.wad" or "tnt.wad" or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
heres what i did to get all the wads working...heres a link to counterstrike doom http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26809

now to get all the other wads working is simple using counterstrike doom as a launcher.....in the zip file is 2 files called demon2.WAD and blood2.DEH....if you rename the files in another wad to demon2.WAD and blood2.DEH and replace the ones in counterstrike doom with these , it will run the wad with the wright title screen etc....90% of the wads i tryed , work with this method......zombie doom, blood doom and fist full of doom or the best .......

sent you a pm

FatDad, why do you insist on getting people to create an account on another forum, then download 6 MB, then rename files... when it's as simple as editing one line of text in one file?

The guy already said that he's on a 56K modem, so downloading various Megabytes just to get one script file from the zip isn't the best course of action IMHO. And also, he wants to get IWADS working, not pwads + dehacked files, so using your method would not work for him anyway as it would load up a dehacked patch which is not needed, and which would provoke odd results(to say the least).

thanks alot to every one for various solutions i have to go to work soon but i'm going to try to get it working so i can play doom tonight if i work overtime

Back