Mpg File Not Playing?

Hydryad

Still Fresh
I transcoded a .wmv to .mpeg using the mpeg-1 format or whatnot. I cannot see it when I put it on the gp2x and try to go to videos and play it, however it says that .mpg is supported? I can confirm it is on the gp2x, but it does not show up while my .avi file will. I wanted to test how well mpeg-1 played compared to xvid/divx since there seems to be a lot of artifacts when xvid files are played on my gp2x.

That is a seperate issue I also wanted to address, it seems like the video playback is blocky and has tons of artifacts when I play it on my gp2x. I at first attributed this to bad encoding, but the videos look perfect on my computer. Is it because of the lacking hardware, or do I need to do something different to get the video to play well? It seems wierd that it would do that, perhaps it is a gp2x side software issue?

mpeg1 is not supported.
The artifacts may be because to many bframes, the gp2x seems to only supports 1bframe, set your encoder to this or turn them off completely.

kinda, I might take a picture if encoding as vimacs suggests does not fix the issue. It is sort of blocky like suddenly changing to different color in parts of the picture, i.e a chunk that changed more from the previous frame being a lighter color than the rest of the scene and vice versa throughout. In some places it is barely noticable but it seems to manifest itself throughout the movie. For the record it is an avi of serenity I ripped off my dvd which is giving me troubles in the first place.

Still no luck on the issue, same problems occuring even with B-frames turned completely off. Going to get a picture and see that helps. Is there a way to take a screenshot with the gp2x?

Back