Video Probs

mat_basset

Website
www.yolkfolk.com
Hey All ;)

i have got my gp2x ( for xmas :) ) anyway, i was wondering...

from having the gp32 i know how to emulate, and it was pretty easy to listen to mp3's... but...

i have tried Avi, they appear, and when i click on them, it says the format is not supported :(, so i tried divx, and now it hasnt even come up lol

i have not downloaded the latest firmware, i am using 1.0.1

can anyone help?? B)

mat

mat_basset posted on Dec 25 2005 at 08:04 AM said:
no :( its not working

but thanks anyway ;)

I found that if you run your .avi through Dr Divx or Divx converter and then rename the file back to .avi from .divx it plays quite well. avi files that I've used that aren't converted or reconverted using Divx don't seem to work either for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, i did that, through the converter - and it doesent appear :S ??

any reason why ?

also when we put .avi - it looks like this

"VIDEONAME.avi.divx"

:S why ?? lol

You seem not to have really changed the extension. Make sure the box "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows Explorer -> Tools -> View is not checked :)

hehe

ill help :p

download the divX converter for free - just type divX on google ;)

then add files, then once they have converted, change the file name to "VIDEONAME.avi"

then go to windows explorer - and "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows Explorer -> Tools -> make sure View is not checked

now it should turn into a windows media player format file

any more probs, ask any of us ;)

it says on the box that it plays wmv and mpeg2; is this true? cause it's not playing any of mine :|

brannon posted on Dec 25 2005 at 10:00 PM said:
it says on the box that it plays wmv and mpeg2; is this true? cause it's not playing any of mine :|
It is currently not supported. GPH had to release the gp2x with buggy firmware because they were running low on money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back