Convince Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagreen@purdue.edu

Still Fresh
I am new to the whole open-source handheld scene, but I am super interested and am definitely planning on purchasing a device.

The question is, which one? I have narrowed it down to the two upcoming devices, the Pandora and the Wiz. I'm leaning towards the Pandora, simply because I've been following its development for awhile, but now this Wiz thing got thrown into the mix.

Please advise!

The question is, what are your needs for the device? Write these down and compare, and the answer ought to become clearer. ;)

If the Wiz is a consideration in your mind, then that suggests you're not all that interested in the extra features of the Pandora that make it worth more than the Wiz. Get a Wiz.

This is a forum for the convinced. If you need convincing, go read the last 3 months of posts.

Wiz = no Wifi, no Bluetooth, no keyboard, no analog controls, but cheaper and smaller
Pandora = Many more capabilities, can handle more media file types, bigger and higher res screen, WiFi, BlueTooth, keyboard, dual analog controls, more powerful processor, but bigger and more expensive

Basically, if you just want a game system, get a Wiz. If you want to game and do other stuff, like surf the web, email, chat, basic office stuff, and play systems/games that need analog controls, (like the PS1, N64, etc.) or a keyboard (C64, Apple ][, Amiga, Scummv, etc.) get a Pandora.

Leaf said:
I'm leaning towards the Pandora, simply because I've been following its development for awhile
So then you also will join griefing on her funeral

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now sick to death of seeing "Convince me!" threads popping up all over the damn place. if you can't decide, just buy both.

Wow, the pandora community is... pleasant? Thanks to a few of you, like Chad, for giving me useful information.

Others, simply wow.

Leaf said:
Wow, the pandora community is... pleasant? Thanks to a few of you, like Chad, for giving me useful information.

Others, simply wow.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back