Converting DivX 5 to 4.12 ???

Dweeze

Still Fresh
I've got a music video that I'm trying to convert from DivX 5 to 4.12.
After some searching on this forum I tried the Nimo codec pack which gives me DivX 5 and 4.12 available at the same time in Virtual Dub. Now I can open it in VDub but all I get is a blank grey screen, I tried encoding anyway but no joy.
Can someone please help?

I have a trick but its quito boring...
fisrt install the 5.0 then convert your video to another format like Xvid with a big quality or something else
then install the 4.12, open the video you just made and convert it to 4.12
(for more info PM me)
see you ;)

Thanks Washo, I thought there might be a simple answer.

Vimcas, I'm not sure what you mean. Would you explain another way please. Thanks

its pretty stupid that you can't use them both,
in a normal way. Like divx 5 would be compatible,
but you could choose the 4.12 setting anyway.

I got it sorted, by luck.
As I said above I installed both codecs with the Nimo codec pack but only got a gray screen when video was opened.

So I uninstalled all codecs, then installed the codec pack from DivX:

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

And both codecs were then in VDub and all worked fine.
Anyway my Video is now converted.
But an odd thing happened, the MP3 codec had vanished, so I fired up Media Player, loaded up an MP3 file and then was asked if I wanted to install the codec. Said yes, then restarted Vdub and it was back.
( I had first installed Media Player 9 codec pack from MS, but I don't think this has any DivX content)

Thanks to DarkGod for codec suggestion, but am I missing something as I thought TMPGEnc only created Mpeg's not Avi's?

Thanks to every one.

Yea, that's what most people think about TMPGEnc since at the start it DID only encode as Mpeg-1/2 but now it handles DivX fine. There is now File>Output to file>AVI file. Only thing is VirtualDub supports more DivX formats and it seems a bit slower to encode on my computer. IMO TMPGEnc crashes a lot less than VirtualDub though.

Back