Contact From Gp32z

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
For all those wondering about GP32z's lack of communication lately:

I have finally caught David online over AIM - He has been in the process of changing web hosts and has not been able to respond to any e-mails for a while.

GP32z is now back online with a brand new site layout--

All e-mails should be sent again tomorrow. GP32z will be able to respond as soon as the e-mail system gets back online, and will be responding in full capacity after the 6th.

Now I get to try out a refurb unit. :D

jmetal88 posted on Feb 22 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
For all those wondering about GP32z's lack of communication lately:

I have finally caught David online over AIM - He has been in the process of changing web hosts and has not been able to respond to any e-mails for a while.

GP32z is now back online with a brand new site layout--

All e-mails should be sent again tomorrow. GP32z will be able to respond as soon as the e-mail system gets back online, and will be responding in full capacity after the 6th.

Now I get to try out a refurb unit. :D

Thanks (I've had trouble contacting them), I just ordered a Zodiac 2 form there, and the postage (international economy) was $US80. Is that normal, or is it a part of the change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amusingly on their site they have a copy of Dave's signature ad, which includes 'his' price! :lol:

I guess they have to pay tax...

Andy

Im starting to worry because all my emails have been shot back as undeliverable. I paid through Paypal and theres a phone number on there for his business and calling it gets me nothing either. It says the number is unavilable and to press 5 to send a page, which I did with my cell number.

Viper20184 posted on Feb 22 2006 at 01:20 PM said:
Im starting to worry because all my emails have been shot back as undeliverable. I paid through Paypal and theres a phone number on there for his business and calling it gets me nothing either. It says the number is unavilable and to press 5 to send a page, which I did with my cell number.

No worries, he's cool ... I just spoke to him last week (Umm... Wed. I think ...) regarding an overnight shipment I was getting.

How did you contact him.. I just want to confirm he got my order because the money has been taken out of my account but I didnt get a confirmation or anything. Thats the thing thats really bugging me out.

About DaveC's cap being for $14 -- DaveC's $10 price is pretty much wholesale. GP32z needs a profit to stay in business. Besides, he told me about that yesterday, that's the deal that he worked out with DaveC.

Viper20184 posted on Feb 22 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
How did you contact him.. I just want to confirm he got my order because the money has been taken out of my account but I didnt get a confirmation or anything. Thats the thing thats really bugging me out.

I had a phone number on my paypal invoice. I think it was his cell phone. Maybe he got a new phone along with his new web server :huh:

[solid]snake posted on Feb 24 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
Any word on his operations? I just ordered on the 23rd and was wondering if he has been active in the last few days... Thanks.

All is well ... see if you can get him on AIM ... a buddy of mine just worked out his order with him a couple of days ago.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 24 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
[solid said:
snake,Feb 24 2006, 07:19 PM]Any word on his operations? I just ordered on the 23rd and was wondering if he has been active in the last few days... Thanks.

All is well ... see if you can get him on AIM ... a buddy of mine just worked out his order with him a couple of days ago.

Is it the one on the site? Or is it another one? Thanks.

[solid posted on Feb 24 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
[solid said:
snake,Feb 24 2006, 07:19 PM]Any word on his operations? I just ordered on the 23rd and was wondering if he has been active in the last few days... Thanks.

Is it the one on the site? Or is it another one? Thanks.
[/quote]

I'll assume it's the one on the site .... I actually called him on the phone # on the paypal confirmation, but my buddy told me that # is no longer in service.

He's here now ... send him a PM.

[solid]snake posted on Feb 24 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
Errr what's his user name on here?

JR2swiss ... but you just missed him :p

About my problem before with GP32z, I worked it out with them.

The problem was I ordered a GP2x screen protector to replace the one I recieved with the GP2x because I had cracked it. When I recieved it, all I got was a small piece of film to put over the screen protector, in other words, a screen protector protector. This little piece of film couldn't protect from anything worse than dust, and it wasn't even the size of the screen protector. Worse of all, it costed me over $10 in shipping! I just threw the piece of crap away.

After many attempts to get in touch with David, owner of GP32z, we worked out the problem and he sent me a screen protector as opposed to a screen protector protector. It is in great shape, and I recieved what I asked for, so no real complaints in the end.

Would do business with again, but only after making sure what is advertised is what is being sold, lol. ;)

devestation posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
About my problem before with GP32z, I worked it out with them.

The problem was I ordered a GP2x screen protector to replace the one I recieved with the GP2x because I had cracked it. When I recieved it, all I got was a small piece of film to put over the screen protector, in other words, a screen protector protector. This little piece of film couldn't protect from anything worse than dust, and it wasn't even the size of the screen protector. Worse of all, it costed me over $10 in shipping! I just threw the piece of crap away.

After many attempts to get in touch with David, owner of GP32z, we worked out the problem and he sent me a screen protector as opposed to a screen protector protector. It is in great shape, and I recieved what I asked for, so no real complaints in the end.

Would do business with again, but only after making sure what is advertised is what is being sold, lol. ;)

Thats good. But aren't the things clearly labeled on the site as what they are?

Anyways, I am getting impatient with no reply on my order status. Yes, it's only been 5 days. But it was $200 and I'd like to at least know what is going on. It would at least put me at ease. I am going on break soon and I really need to get this device out now so that it won't be sitting for weeks in my mailroom at school.

I emailed them a few days ago about getting a replacement for my crap-o-lishous first generation tv-out cable, haven't heard anything back.

David calls the thin plastic membrane a "screen protector" and the actual hard plastic cover the "screen cover". He thinks this is very clear, I tried to tell him otherwise, but he thinks it is not a problem...

@DijiTao - Give him a little time, like I said, he can now start responding, but won't actually be able to repond in full capacity until after the 6th.

Back