Consolefix

Mikey

Lost in Space
looking at you through the window right now.
Website
Visit site
Just a quick post in case any one is thinking about sending their GP32 to Consolefix for the overclock mod I'd recommend them.

They were quick to answer e-mails. I posted my GP on Monday and received it back today. Very fast service (just been playing the snes emu at 166 for ages so it works :D ) Was very well packaged too.

Does the My GP can overclock to 166 dance :D

Id recommend them, I havent sent my gp32 yet but I will be doing

I have, however, used them for all my systems for repairs / upgrades

they've sorted out my saturn, neo geo cd, gba, ps2, xbox amongst other things, always an excellent service and always happy to have a go at systems hes not tried before

B)

maltloaf posted on May 12 2004 at 10:06 PM said:
we have the parts and the equipment to do the memory upgrade but we are unsure wether to offer it yet. I'm still not sure theres any point to it. I'm also not sure what would be a fair price to ask.

malty
To be honest, I suspect there are almost certainly a fair few GPers out there who, whether there's much point to it or not, would be interested, simply because they would have a somewhat souped up GP. In addition, the moment it starts being offered as a service, it will probably pick up some use as well - most people don't do it for fear of GP-Death, and thus there's no point coding for it. If it is available without too much fear of said GP-Death, then more people will get it (possibly as happened with the OCing mod). If more people have it, then it suddenly becomes worth while to code things for it, if only as a sideline. And if things are coded for it, then more people will want it (how many would get the 32mb upgrade to, say, play OS9x with 4mb roms and transparency, for example, if it were safe-ish to do so?)

Imo, its worth offering, though I appreciate your point about the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back