Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neither I hate video games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone prefers.

Me, i prefer portable systems and find myself playing them a lot more often than my consoles. Even at home. Ans with the PSP and DS having WIFI, i will play them even more as more games take advantage of online play.

Portables all the way!

Although I have as many consoles as portables, portables are way cooler!

System-wise I like portables much better.

Game-wise I like Console games better as they seem to last me longer and give me many more hours of enjoyment. Such as Midnight CLub 3 for PSP as it is an almost direct port from the console versions. I've played it for 94 hours since I got it in late July

I gave up console gaming except for an Xbox 360 and Shenmue III (this is what I ecpect S3 to be on) but portables, as seen with the GP2X can do so much more...

For me, it's split up pretty equally between console and handheld, but I only play old stuff like NES and SNES on my handheld... and the only handheld I play is my GP32. For consoles, it's PSX and PS2. The old games for PC aren't really fun anymore cuz nobody plays them, so all I can do is play against AI, which gets old very quickly... and the newer games are either too good for my computer to handle(graphics, sound, ram, that kinda crap... they run too slow or not at all), or else they just don't impress me at all. I haven't touched a PC game in months. The last thing I played on my computer was Chrono Trigger, via ZSNES.

I work as a MD, MSc training to become a psychiatrist and I pull a lot of nightshifts / it also involves a lot of waiting and fragmented nights with little sleep. I am very happy to have my gp32, gba, nds (I rotate them a little) with me.

GP32 Emulation all the way, the original games I bought for my NLU won't function on my 2nd BLU device.
GBA Zelda and quite a huge collection of carts and a gba cart size 256Mbit flashcart for nes, sms, gb, reading txt files emulation through pogoshell and plugins - don't run GBA games on the flash thing.
DS all them great new games: Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario64 DS, RR64 DS (both are actually almost N64 versions). I am dying for a waveracer64 DS with more polygons. Rayman is quite nice aswell. I am hoping for more of those adventure platformers on the DS, it's coping quite well with that gameformat. Of course I can 'emulate' on the DS too in GBA more. But I do find myself bringing the GBA along on some days, I have a GBA-SP and old fashioned one, and the latter fits in my big hands quite well (6'8" dude typing here).

I am actually contemplating a micro gba, does anyone have experiences with that little device, fits in one of my pockets quite easily. Excellent for a quick game when I hang around the ER and there is nothing to do.

I do have a Famicom, NES, GB, SNES, N64, GC, Tg16, Videopac G7400, Dreamcast, Genesis/MD, Saturn, PSX, PS2, Xbox, MSX2, C64, Vectrex that I use for gaming aswell...I end up handheld most of the time.

I am actually contemplating a micro gba

Heh, me too. I feel like such a fanboy. On the other hand, though, my DS doesn't play old GB/GBC games and I only have the old GBA without the light. If the GB Micro can play GBC games I might pick it up. Anyone know if it does?

Last edited by a moderator:
With the event of newer more powerful consoles soon to be on the market, I have sat down and thought about this very subject. Handheld gaming has reached a point that it satisfies me. The next generation of consoles will really have to have some very killer games to catch my attention and pull my head up from my handhelds. I have more and more allowed the handhelds to dominate my gaming time.

It's a really hard thing for me to determine. On the one hand, I play handhelds a lot more often than I do consoles. They're convenient, and I like the freedom they give you. With the coming of new handhelds, 3D is finally possible, so a lot of exciting new things are coming.

On the other than, though, I have never gotten deeply attached to any game on a handheld. For conveying emotion and pulling you in to the game's world, I think nothing compares to home consoles--not sure why, but that's the way it is for me. I'm a big RPG and adventure game fan, so this feeling is extremely important. I've never been completely consumed by a handheld game, while it's happened numerous times on home consoles.

So really I don't know. I think I lean very slightly towards handhelds, though.

@ Ravnos: Sorry, GB micro doesn't play GB/GBC games (unless maybe some accessory is made, which is very possible).

It all depends on the game. Portable games can be just as good as console games (graphics aren't everything), and are... portable... But I do prefer a nice big screen to a small one.

Both equally

I haven't really been interested in portables since Pokemon Yellow & Silver on the Gameboy Color. But since the GP2X can play emulators & homebrew I'd probably play it and my PS2 equally. The only thing I even use my Dreamcast for is for the homebrew emulators and I play it every day.

Back