Compact Flash

I think he meant bitrate, not framerate. I think the important thing is that we will finally have room for the full talkie versions of the lucasarts games. Also, being able to fit multiple full-length movies onto a single card is nice too.

Capacity: Fujifilm xD-Picture Cards™ are currently available in capacities of 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB, with the 512MB card widely available in July 2003. The media's development roadmap shows storage capacity potential of up to 8GB.

Dimensions: 20mm x 25mm x 1.7mm (0.8 x 1.0 x 0.07 inches). This size makes the xD-Picture Card™ the smallest memory card available.

Read/Write Speeds: The xD-Picture Card™ has one of the fastest read/write speeds on the market. These high speeds can greatly enhance the user's experience with a product. For example, a photographer can take new pictures or view existing images more quickly with the xD-Picture Card™ media than with other, slower media formats.

Power Consumption: The xD-Picture Card™ is designed to use minimal power. Users will benefit from the convenience and savings of longer battery life on a single charge.

Compatibility: Adapters make xD-Picture Cards™ compatible with other media. A PC card adapter, CompactFlash™ adapter and USB card reader are currently available for the xD-Picture Card™.

8 GB anyone? :)

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 12 2003 said:
I want 1 now :angry:

it cost 2 much for me anyway cost $200 for a 256 xD card :(

cant wait to see if it works im sure abbibi will be on the news page :D

:ph34r:
$109 for a 256MB card on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008O0P3/qid=1057997750/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-5381984-9638402?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846)

It was the first place I checked, I am sure you can find them cheaper some where

Last edited by a moderator:
Uk price best I could find was ~£80 (inc vat, not sur about delivery) so even if it works, I won't be getting one anytime soon. But I'll look forward to the day I can :)

pip posted on Jul 12 2003 said:
$109 for a 256MB card on amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008O0P3/qid=1057997750/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-5381984-9638402?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846)
You could buy 4 128 meg SMCs for that money!

yes, but they would be separate cards. The advantage of a 256 card is longer movies, and the full talkie version of Sam & Max.

If it works, I have a few neat ideas. I'm pretty sure that xD cards use a different unique ID system from Smartmedia cards. That would mean that the adapter would have to provide the unique ID. And IF SO, then you could use multiple xD cards, and load all of your entware games onto every single one, because their copy protection system would be using the adapter's ID, not the individual xD card's ID's.

Whacha think?

I hope the 512MB cards (coming this july) will be cheaper per MB, in which case it is well worth it.

True. Of course, then you have so much space that the encryptoin stuff barely matters, but if it is at a decent price and works, I'm sure I'll buy one eventually.

When I've cash, of course...

On newegg you could buy the compact flash cards for a lot cheaper. $44 for a 256mb CF and $98 for a 512mb CF.

Dozer abbibi brought the adapter and it should be at his house on monday then he will test it out and tell us how it all goes :)

Im pretty sure it will be the same speed as the smc altho it might be alot quicker i dont know???

It only uses the smc pinout so it might be alot faster altho i dont knwo if the gp32 can handle it but im sure they worked all that out when they made the adapter.

:ph34r:

pip posted on Jul 12 2003 said:
Capacity: Fujifilm xD-Picture Cards™ are currently available in capacities of 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB, with the 512MB card widely available in July 2003. The media's development roadmap shows storage capacity potential of up to 8GB.

Dimensions: 20mm x 25mm x 1.7mm (0.8 x 1.0 x 0.07 inches). This size makes the xD-Picture Card™ the smallest memory card available.

Read/Write Speeds: The xD-Picture Card™ has one of the fastest read/write speeds on the market. These high speeds can greatly enhance the user's experience with a product. For example, a photographer can take new pictures or view existing images more quickly with the xD-Picture Card™ media than with other, slower media formats.

Power Consumption: The xD-Picture Card™ is designed to use minimal power. Users will benefit from the convenience and savings of longer battery life on a single charge.

Compatibility: Adapters make xD-Picture Cards™ compatible with other media. A PC card adapter, CompactFlash™ adapter and USB card reader are currently available for the xD-Picture Card™.

8 GB anyone? :)
Some people ::cough:: NiN^_^NiN! ::cough:: Dozer! ...should read the entire thread before posting... :p

...But to reiterate, I have one one order, and will keep everyone updated on my progress with the adapter and my 256mb xD card.

Azure posted on Jul 12 2003 said:
On newegg you could buy the compact flash cards for a lot cheaper. $44 for a 256mb CF and $98 for a 512mb CF.
We aren't talking about compact-flash anymore, I'm afraid. Now its on to xD cards :)

Back