Formatting Cf Just Like The Smc

TeDaDeS

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
I have a Compact Flash card, and I want to format it FAT12/FAT16 (like the GP32-SMC).
But I dont know how to do it, I'm running Win98SE.
When I put the CF in my card-reader I can only choose Format, but cant select FAT16/32.

Knoppix found my CF but said it was busy, so I couldnt fdisk/format it.

The CF is for a old digital camera, the CF is 128MB.

trooper posted on Jul 18 2005 at 12:11 AM said:
I maybe stating the obvious, But have you tried formatting the card in the camera ?.

Trooper

I dont have a manual, and the camera is SO simple I guess I doesnt have that function.
(2 LED's + 1 button ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
You say the card is 128mb, The card is too small to be formatted in fat32 or ntfs for that matter. So choosing the only format option available in windows should be fat 12/16. The fat format option was only giving people using XP problems, The same option in win2k and below doesn`t seem to have this same problem.

Give it a go using the fat option in win98SE, I`m sure you won`t have any problems.

Trooper

trooper posted on Jul 18 2005 at 01:04 PM said:
You say the card is 128mb, The card is too small to be formatted in fat32 or ntfs for that matter. So choosing the only format option available in windows should be fat 12/16. The fat format option was only giving people using XP problems, The same option in win2k and below doesn`t seem to have this same problem.

Give it a go using the fat option in win98SE, I`m sure you won`t have any problems.

Trooper

How could I check what FAT system is currently on the CF ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back