Colour scheme for marketing / logo?

A different style of the [Y] letter...

In green :)

zw0t9k.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm loving this one. The green might be too xbox like. But you're now realy close to an excelent logo

I think I prefer the orange color versions

I propose that instead of copying concepts back and forth between threads we just merge this one back into the "finding a proper name and logo" thread and keep the discussion in one place.

- Neelix

I'd agree with that, the choosing of colours pretty much applies to 'finding a logo'.

Binky can use his powers..?

Given that it's seemingly impossible to keep name separate from logo or colour or whatever, that might well be a good idea :/

Having said that, merging is a fiddly process that often causes much confusion - and in this case many duplicate posts.

Just use the "proper name and logo" thread for further discussion.

I could lock this thread if really necessary...

what about this version of Y.

its just the lower part of the R mirrored

[snip]
It gives an unstable feeling, the other one feels more stable.

[snip]
It gives an unstable feeling, the other one feels more stable.
shure... the Y is less massive but the letter itself gets better proportions.

in addition it`s better readable especially as small logo.

the problem is not "massive" or not, the problem is the Y is "resting" on a single spike.

With the P in the same case just before the Y, it feels like everything is going to fall.

With the previous Y 'tail', it feels solid, sturdy, like it won't fall with the slightest breeze.

EDIT :

FZERO just posted an animation that explain far better the feeling I get, thanks :p

It's just my opinion though ;)

HA! Great animation!

what about this version?

P and Y helping each other not to fall

zw0t9kmono2.jpg

actual I like this one, but I think all letters should stay in line:

zw0t9kmono3.png

I was joking about the hot pink one, but it turns out to be my favorite one :)  Now I can convince my wife to have a pink Pyra :)

Adding a link to http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/page-39#entry298020/URL]  Many versions here

Shenmue

suggested to use it as bootsplash. Add onto that idea a wrench that turns itself, with some switching of the colours meanwhile, and a good "bling" or similar startup-sound.

Maybe klumpen could do a riff on some ancient instrument.

At least with on display things there is no penalty to using many colours. A nice vibrant welcome. See it a little now and then, discover new things as time goes by.

Back