Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I have a little question regarding floating point operations and default CFLAGS in Code::Blocks.

I compiled an application (some web browser) on the Pandora with your beta Code::Blocks package.

That application uses floating point operations at some point (I didn't know that when I first tried to compile it, but the author later told me...).

For some reasons, I didn't use any of the CFLAGS you set by default in Code::Blocks:
export CFLAGS="-Ofast -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -fsingle-precision-constant -fdiagnostics-color=auto -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -fsigned-char -mneon-for-64bits -mvectorize-with-neon-double"

Now, that application refuses to start.

Was it to be expected ? I.e, what's GCC default behaviour on ARM when dealing with floating point operations ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

default should work, I assume (not 100% sure) it will default to "soft" abi (i.e. 100% emulated floating point).
Only case where it will not start if it's compile with "hard" abi (-mfloat-abi=hard).

What's the error message you have at start ?

Hi @ptitSeb :)
What's the error message you have at start ?
That's one of the issues I have with this piece of software: it fails completely in silence...
I'll try to recompile it again with all the default flags available in Code::Blocks, see if it changes anything.

Cheers, Magic Sam

I've tried to download codeblocks.pnd but instead of it being 2.5 GB like the downloader in Chrome or FireFox says it's supposed to be, it only downloads about 1.3 GB of it or so (I've tried this at least 10 times in both web browsers).

And when I try to install the pnd, nothing happens.

Are there special instructions on how to install this? I think it would be very useful to have a portable dev environment.

I've tried to download codeblocks.pnd but instead of it being 2.5 GB like the downloader in Chrome or FireFox says it's supposed to be, it only downloads about 1.3 GB of it or so (I've tried this at least 10 times in both web browsers).

And when I try to install the pnd, nothing happens.

Are there special instructions on how to install this? I think it would be very useful to have a portable dev environment.
Try to download the beta there: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/ptitsebs-beta-lair.77439/ maybe it will download fully?

I had a similar issue (I did get a failed download warning) and it looked like a time out problem from the servers side. After two tries I used wget to download the file. No problems then and I assume any download manager will help in that case.

Try to download the beta there: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/ptitsebs-beta-lair.77439/ maybe it will download fully?

Thanks. While I was able to download it completely from there, nothing happens when I copy it to the menu folder on the SD card.

Is there a minimum amount of space required for it to install? (admittedly, I don't have much space left on the SD card once I copy the PND file there -- a few hundred MB).
[doublepost=1480649020,1480648941][/doublepost]
I had a similar issue (I did get a failed download warning) and it looked like a time out problem from the servers side. After two tries I used wget to download the file. No problems then and I assume any download manager will help in that case.

I tried wget and it actually did download the entire 2.5 GB PND file. I'll get a bigger SD card and see if this one works.

Thanks. While I was able to download it completely from there, nothing happens when I copy it to the menu folder on the SD card.

Is there a minimum amount of space required for it to install? (admittedly, I don't have much space left on the SD card once I copy the PND file there -- a few hundred MB).
[doublepost=1480649020,1480648941][/doublepost]

I tried wget and it actually did download the entire 2.5 GB PND file. I'll get a bigger SD card and see if this one works.
The pnd is more than 2GB, so you need a recent firmware for it to register. Are you up-to-date?

The pnd is more than 2GB, so you need a recent firmware for it to register. Are you up-to-date?
I'm up to the latest firmware, however downloading through PNDManager It stopped at 2GB still, I thought this was something that was fixed.

Some libs that would be great to have updated on next release:

libpng 1.6.26
GMP 6.1.1
Nettle 3.3
Openssl 1.0.2j
Sqlite 3.15.2
Game Music Emu 0.6.1
Wavpack 5.0.0
Taglib 1.11.1
Opus 1.1.3
Poppler 0.50
Webkitgtk2 2.4.11
QT 5.7.1

I did test Qupzilla with my desktop PC with newer QT, and so far no crashes.

If you can update the little ones, and release Codeblocks PND, it would be enough, like a christmas present, ;)

But Webkitgtk2 needs a recompilation with new libs, at least to avoid duplicated ones and segfaults with fancy plugin on Claws mail.

Ok, tracking here the status of the compile...

libpng 1.6.26 => done (with apng support)
GMP 6.1.1 => done (6.1.2 in fact)
Nettle 3.3 => done
Openssl 1.0.2j => done
Sqlite 3.15.2 => done
Game Music Emu 0.6.1 => done (latest from git)
Wavpack 5.0.0 => done (latest from git)
Taglib 1.11.1 => done (latest grom git)
Opus 1.1.3 => done
Poppler 0.50 => done
Webkitgtk2 2.4.11 => Webkitgtk 2.4.11 only, webkitgtk2 needs gtk3 so I have skiped it for now
QT 5.7.1 => will probably be postponed to next pnd

Last edited:
Mmmm, Webkitgtk2 .2.4.11 needs a lot of dependancies...
Now it complains for
Code:
configure: error: Package requirements (
        gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.0.3
        gstreamer-plugins-base-1.0 >= 1.0.3
        gstreamer-app-1.0
        gstreamer-audio-1.0,
        gstreamer-fft-1.0,
        gstreamer-base-1.0,
        gstreamer-pbutils-1.0,
        gstreamer-video-1.0) were not met:

So that will take some time probably (if it's doable) :(