Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

I get a a few broken links in /usr/lib. 

As example libgobject-2.0.so

Readlink tells me the file points to so.0.2400.0 instead just so.0 

so.0.2400.0 is however named so.0.4200.0 on the nand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a bug in this pnd today when compiling csync. getconf was replaced with a script that only checks for one value and otherwise echo the request back. This makes invalid compiler flags and should echo back nothing if it knows nothing of the config value.

Yeah, I have added a new command in my fake getconf (about the length of the command line, that fixed many compilation scripts).

@Notaz: why is getconf not in the firmware? It's part on glib, and I cannot really side-compile it and put the real one in codeblocks.

I have made a tentative PND (1.8Go, sorry), now I have to test it

It's in glibc-utils package, and part of glibc, not glib?

Not installed by default for the same reason gcc and other devtools aren't.

@Notaz; thanks! Yeah, glibc, not glib (but those 2 names are too close for my taste). I'll see if I can integrate that in a future version of codeblocks.

@ptitSeb

is possible to build SDL2_mixer with libmodplug in your next PND ?

I was testing some other's code and it seem libmodplug ( MIX_INIT_MODPLUG ) is not supported...i have to disable it to continue compilation.

Thanks

@ptitSeb

is possible to build SDL2_mixer with libmodplug in your next PND ?

I was testing some other's code and it seem libmodplug ( MIX_INIT_MODPLUG ) is not supported...i have to disable it to continue compilation.

Thanks
Ok, I'll take a look (I have not started packaging, so no issue).

Is there a Way that i compile Things with Codeblocks without

repartitioning a SD Card ot a Stick to Linux File Systems?

I have mostly all in Fat32 and dont want to free a SD Card now or ever use a Special Compiling Card.

An Idea from me is to make one File and use this File as Image with Ext2 with a few Gigabytes.(2-3GB)

Do you know how to create such a File and use it for Compiling Things in the Codeblocks Command Line?

learned here that mostly Things do not right compile directly on a Fat32 Partition.

Such an mounted Image File should help me to try more Things

easily without deleting Data from my SD Cards and Repartitionating.

Maybe you can insert a Script or an automatic creating Image for us,

because some Pandora Users use Fat32 Partitions like me ;)

I think the "extend tools" (or something like that, I don't remember were I got this PND) can do that, create a file that you can mount as loop file and format as ext2. But, beeing on a Fat32 FileSystem, you will be limited to 4Go max.

(PS: I don't remember were to find that very handy PND).

I haven't got my Pandora with me currently, so the commands may not work exactly as given, but you get the idea. Create the file, e.g. using truncate -s <size in GB>G <file>, create the file system on it with something like mkfs.ext3 -F <file>, and mount it to the mountpoint directory using mount -o loop <file> <mountpoint>.

A new codeblocks PND is on the repo!

Inside its massive size (still 1.6 Go), you'll find updated everything( mostly), with brand new version of GCC (including D compiler), Python 3, Qt 5 (Qt4 is still there), SDL2, glshim, Cmake 3, svn, git...

Update v2.10.12

• Updated GCC to 4.9.3
  • Updated Binutils to 2.25
  • Updated Codeblocks
  • Added Qt 5.4.0
  • Added gnu D compiler (gdc)
  • Updated many libs!

In the apps included in codeblocks, you can find (just type their name from a codeblock command line):

• firefox (old build 29)
  • jumanji (still working fine)
  • apitrace and it's gui qapitrace (that I still haven't tested yet)
  • sfxr (tools to generate sounds)
  • elflibviewer (a tool to check dependancies)

Also, don't forget "copy_libs.sh" to copy dependancies automaticaly (go inside the "lib" folder of your future pnd and call copy_libs.sh path/to/bin to automatically copy needed dependancie). The script is getting smarter at each new release (even if a lot can still be done, it's getting ok now).

libfontconfig.so in the PND is a link to /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 (absolute path), and there is no libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 in the PND. This is a bug, right?

edit:

And libcairo is x86 code, not ARM, AFAICS.

libfontconfig.so in the PND is a link to /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 (absolute path), and there is no libfontconfig.so.1.4.4 in the PND. This is a bug, right?

edit:

Mmmm, still some link to the so.X.Y.Z ? I thought I had fixed them (because it depend on the firmware version).

libcairo is not x86, I don't cross compile, just compile natively, how an x86 lib can arrive? I'll check, but it makes no sense.

Anyway, be sure to use a 1.71+ firmware.

edit:

Mmmm, still some link to the so.X.Y.Z ? I thought I had fixed them (because it depend on the firmware version).

libcairo is not x86, I don't cross compile, just compile natively, how an x86 lib can arrive? I'll check, but it makes no sense.

Anyway, be sure to use a 1.71+ firmware.
Sorry! It's my fault, I didn't consider that some libraries in the C::B PND were meant to link to Pandora system libraries.

I had the C::B PND mounted on an x86 machine so I could grab some stuff from it for cross-compilation purposes, and I inadvertently ended up copying x86 binaries from the host system to my cross-compilation environment.

I'm having trouble running Flying Snake with this version.

I've successfully compiled and linked the application but it fails to create a complete framebuffer object and compile shaders when it runs.

After crying on IRC for hours I think I've narrowed it down to it automatically initialising glshim without me asking it to. I use GLES2 so there might be an issue here. Even after trying to link the libGLESv2 in /usr/lib it still links the one in codeblocks according to ldd.

I'd really like to be able to use all the modern C++ features as well as a working build of SDL2 :(  

Back