Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

I'm having trouble running Flying Snake with this version.

I've successfully compiled and linked the application but it fails to create a complete framebuffer object and compile shaders when it runs.

After crying on IRC for hours I think I've narrowed it down to it automatically initialising glshim without me asking it to. I use GLES2 so there might be an issue here. Even after trying to link the libGLESv2 in /usr/lib it still links the one in codeblocks according to ldd.

I'd really like to be able to use all the modern C++ features as well as a working build of SDL2 :(
Ah, yes, I had that also.

SDL2, when it sees a libGL lib, wants to use it, no mater what flag you pass it?!!!

So I hacked SDL2 to force it to use GLES2.

Use those export and it should work:

Code:
export SDL_VIDEO_GLES2=1
export SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try that out in a minute.

I'd like to point out two other issues I've experienced today:

1. The presence of a .layout file seems to crash Code::Blocks for me when I open a project. I have to delete this every time to keep it from crashing.
  2. Pressing F2 when the focus is on a code window doesn't open the "Logs & others" window.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try that out in a minute.

I'd like to point out two other issues I've experienced today:

1. The presence of a .layout file seems to crash Code::Blocks for me when I open a project. I have to delete this every time to keep it from crashing.
  2. Pressing F2 when the focus is on a code window doesn't open the "Logs & others" window.
1. Ah, it's a .layout file?! Good find, I coundn't reproduce the crahs myself (but my kid had it a few times).

2. Mmmm, ok. May be I'll have to update codeblocks sources (I don't use it much now)

I now get the message "SDL: Forcing GLES2 driver" but I still have the same issue. Is there anything else I could try?

It crashed on me again today without a .layout file. It worked after deleting the .depend file...

Your kid sounds cool.

I now get the message "SDL: Forcing GLES2 driver" but I still have the same issue. Is there anything else I could try?

It crashed on me again today without a .layout file. It worked after deleting the .depend file...

Your kid sounds cool.
"Forcing GLES2 Driver" is fine, but then it should pick libGLESv2.so and not libGL.so (because of the 2nd export) ?! That's strange. I'll try to do some test tonight.

Code::blocks GUI seems a bit unstable indeed.

Yeah, he is "Loic2003" here, and he has done a couple of ports :)

Breeding Pandora porters... COOL !! Everyone should do this !! :D
I tried... but faild : he is not interested into code.
Well, sometimes the genetic skips a generation, maybe you'll have more luck with his childrens !! :D

Did you tried with cookies as rewards ?! Or with a list of "achievements" on a blackboard ?! The new generation seems to live to complete achievements lists :D

And to save the day to this OT post:

Thanks ptitSeb, your work is always appreciated :)

Been using this the last couple of days on your latest update. Code::Blocks pops up a lot of errors about parsing some gtk files, locks up and crashes a fair bit :(

Edit: If building from the command line, I get this:

"An assertion failed! ./src/gtk/window.cpp(3163): assert "(m_widget != __null)" failed in DoEnable(): invalid window

If I actually open CB again, I'll try and make notes of those

Last edited by a moderator:
ekianjo reported that he can't do git clones from https on SZ1.72. I've tried it and it worked fine for me. Then I thought he might be using codeblocks -  lo and behold, from codeblocks terminal it's complaining about certificates. It seems curl also stops working, and it's not just for codeblocks terminal, but for the whole system (curl and git can't do https over ssh too).

Any ideas what's messing up? I've verified that everything is fine until C:B asks for sudo password for ldconfig, after the password is given, https breaks on the whole system. After closing everything codeblocks related things get back to normal, on older codeblocks things break until reboot.

ekianjo reported that he can't do git clones from https on SZ1.72. I've tried it and it worked fine for me. Then I thought he might be using codeblocks -  lo and behold, from codeblocks terminal it's complaining about certificates. It seems curl also stops working, and it's not just for codeblocks terminal, but for the whole system (curl and git can't do https over ssh too).

Any ideas what's messing up? I've verified that everything is fine until C:B asks for sudo password for ldconfig, after the password is given, https breaks on the whole system. After closing everything codeblocks related things get back to normal, on older codeblocks things break until reboot.
It must be the lib in charge of getting the certificates that, in codeblocks, try to grab them in the wrong folder I guess. I have to check that.

Nevermind, I've figured it out. Newer libs want some hash symlinks to all certificates, and only newer openssl can generate those. I've done some hacks for that, hopefully they'll work.

This is super weird, I can't compile anything anymore. Just the last night I compiled my application and today I just get this with everything:

Execution of '/bin/sh -c 'g++ -Wall -Wextra -Wall -g [application_stuff]' in '/media/SD_PANDORA/[application_path]' failed.
Path hasn't changed, write permissions are there, also checked the SD Card for errors on Windows already. And a clean Code::Blocks appdata folder doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

This is super weird, I can't compile anything anymore. Just the last night I compiled my application and today I just get this with everything:

Execution of '/bin/sh -c 'g++ -Wall -Wextra -Wall -g [application_stuff]' in '/media/SD_PANDORA/[application_path]' failed.
Path hasn't changed, write permissions are there, also checked the SD Card for errors on Windows already. And a clean Code::Blocks appdata folder doesn't help either.

Any ideas?
I think your PND got corrupted. Wait a bit, I will upload a new version soon anyway.

New build on the repo. Updated mostly everything, with only Qtcreator shortcut that doesn't work (I'll fix that with next release).

Also, I used the same trick for the Code::Blocks GUI as for filezilla, smaller fonts for more things on the screen.

Update v2.20.12

• Updated GCC to 5.2.0
  • Updated Binutils to 2.25.1
  • Updated Codeblocks
  • Codeblocks use a smaller font
  • Updated Qt 5.5.0 & Qt 4.8.7
  • Updated many libs!

Last edited by a moderator:
This has most likely been answered before, but I couldn't seem to find the info and I'm only recently starting to find the time/motivation combo that lets me actually progress the ideas I have and I've started to get used to coding directly on the Pandora itself... in any case, I digress.
Is there an easy way to add extra libraries, more specifically, I'm trying to port some of my university 3D stuff to run on the Pandora(some of which may be fun enough to release), one of my projects makes use of lib3ds (the model format not the handheld...) and this does not seem to be included with the firmware or the codeblocks PND.
Can I unpack the debian arm package somewhere or make/install the source?

Back