Code A Better Flash Player Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonistar

Website
www.whitestarproductions.co.uk
Before anyone asks i searched the forums XD

Can someone try making a Good flash player for the Gp2x? the psp has an okish one,
i personally dont care for flash games, its just the ton of fun flash movies you can get.
I know the one we currently have runs okayish speed but no sound.

C :ph34r: mon coders, it cant be THAAT hard

Yes, yes, I'm working on it.

At the moment, I'm looking at the code for the PSP one, and wondering whether it'll be easy enough to port over.

And you know, it actually is quite hard - the Flash standard is advancing all the time, and open-source projects can't keep up.

yay (dances all allround the room)

btw nick i see why you all get frustrated all the time over n00b posts, checking the main board page i seen posts asking if psx emulation is possible and another one talking about the gp2x scene being slow, i silently laughed at myself ^-^

EDIT - lol nick its hard enough just learning the fecking new Flash programs when they come out! Im still finding basic tools in the new Flash 8 (WHY do they rearrange everything? Flash 5 had a perfect interface !! 0_0

why not just convert teh videos to avi's?
Ok, they are bigger, but flash movies usaly arent very long so that dosnt "realy" matter.

I'm surprised it's managed to keep up its 'no conversion' image. You have to convert a lot of stuff for it to work at all!

Also, and this goes to kornkock as well, when you post a thread asking for a new something or other because the old something or other isn't good enough, it makes us feel bad. Hence less motivated to code.

"Can someone make a good flash player for GP2X?" - This statement infers that the one we already have is bad.

That's the etiquette lesson for today, you are dismissed.

nickspoon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
I'm surprised it's managed to keep up its 'no conversion' image. You have to convert a lot of stuff for it to work at all!

Also, and this goes to kornkock as well, when you post a thread asking for a new something or other because the old something or other isn't good enough, it makes us feel bad. Hence less motivated to code.

"Can someone make a good flash player for GP2X?" - This statement infers that the one we already have is bad.

But the one we already have DOES suck!

And about the conversion, really? everything ive put on it works fine? i must just be lucky and putting perfectly supported stuf on it ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonistar posted on Apr 5 2006 at 01:12 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 05:54 PM said:

And about the conversion, really? everything ive put on it works fine? i must just be lucky and putting perfectly supported stuf on it ^-^

<mockingly>Can we please get some better posters on these forums - because Sonistar SUCKS!</mockingly>

Seriously- what the hell have you ever contributed to the community?

Sonistar posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
You know, I ported the one we already have.

You need to learn some appreciation for other people's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back