A Working Flash Player

TNH

Still Fresh
Well, yes, I realize that there are already two flash players for the GP2X, FlashPlayer2x and PocketFlash, Both of these have very low compatibility. I've tried them both, and while i've gotten maybe one or two files to play, the rest seem to freeze, and playing a game is simply out of the question.

What I really want is a full speed, working flash player, so I can play the countless games made for flash. I'm not an expert coder, but i would imagine this to be pretty hard to do, but I can dream right? :D

I'm not sure, but couldn't there be a flash player we could port to the 2x? I'm starting to have daydreams of playing Madness Interactive... :lol:

I don't see how you could play Madness on the GP2X for it needs a mouse...a very fun game though, I used to spend wasteless hours playing it.

Shifty posted on Feb 25 2007 at 11:18 PM said:
I don't see how you could play Madness on the GP2X for it needs a mouse...a very fun game though, I used to spend wasteless hours playing it.

Yes, but there are plenty of games that don't require mouse support, so i'm sure theres some games to use. Did I also mention if we have a flash player, we wouldn't need to port every cool game over ;)
Games like Alien Hominid should work, its just the arrow keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fully compatible flash player isn't going to happen unless Macromedia/Adobe release it. There isn't even a fully compatible alternative for PCs. Gnash comes closest and it's nowhere near ready for prime time.

atomicthumbs posted on Feb 26 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
Heck, all I want is one that can play my favorite flash movies.
Well, you can allways convert them to some video format :)

tuomoz posted on Feb 26 2007 at 11:30 AM said:
atomicthumbs posted on Feb 26 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
Heck, all I want is one that can play my favorite flash movies.
Well, you can allways convert them to some video format :)

None of my computers are powerful enough to convert them without skipping with any of the programs I found. Care to suggest a new one?

Back