Clonekeenplus Update

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I have put up a new version of clonekeenplus. Significant changes have been made, too many to list.
One important one is a reworking of the game timing which now allows the game to run at fullspeed but with frameskip, I dont believe any keen interpreter as run at the correct speed. Gerd the main author has reworked many parts including the gfx engine to gain some speed. There are some minor bugs that have yet to be worked out, but basically this application has really come along. Its very actively being developed by others including myself.

Do not set the sound to 11025 or 8 bit or you wont hear anything. The wiz only supports 16 bit at 22050 or 44100. Mono/Stereo make no difference at this time.
If you want more speed set the frameskip to 10 fps rather than 20 fps. I highly recommend overclocking and using 20 fps.

To install all thats needed to put the game data in the data folder. This is all the ck* files plus the keen#.exe files.

Get it here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,55

New version submitted with tons of bug fixes and some new features. I recommend overclocking to at least 700 Mhz to get good speed at 20 fps.
Also a GP2X version will come at some point, its running (seems faster than the wiz), but there is an issue with the sprites not displaying right. Hopefully we can work it out soon.

Back