Clonekeen :):):)

Bramrash

This is amazing, try it out, it's made my day.

I was slightly confused at first, if you put it on frameskip 0 then it runs really slowly, but then if you put it on frameskip 10 it runs normal speed but somehow runs just as smoothly as before. Actually i guess i'm still confused about that now :p

Anyway its brilliant, great work by Mudi

Please tell me, what is Clonekeen??? And what system is it for?

Edit: Just found out! Damn, this is so cool!

yeah it runs great!
i didnt remember the name at all, but once i loaded it up it all came flooding back :D

How long will this thread go on before someone posts a link or at least says what this is?

I was wondering the same thing and found a slightly useful page over at wikipedia here that explains what the game is and the story behind it.

Just posting in case it helps anyone else wondering the same thing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bramrash: this is the most useless post in the history of the internet. You come online telling us all about this great game. Yet you fail to provide any information as to what it is, what it runs on, where to get it etc. Please... be more informative in the future. Many ppl are interested in this, mainlly hoping it will be a Clone of Commander Keen for the GP2X.

So... TELL US WHAT IT IS!!!!

How long will this thread go on before someone posts a link or at least says what this is?

Commander Keen was the name of a series of fondly remembered platform-jumper games for DOS. I believe they were the first games ever released by ID Software, who went on to create Doom and Quake.

CloneKeen is an SDL clone of Commander Keen. See clonekeen.sf.net for details.

Jonathan Neilsen has ported CloneKeen to GP2X. Go to http://www.gp32x.de/index.php?artc=2191 for details and downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, with Wolf3D and this, I really have no use for a DOS emu. Now, if someone happens to hack and port Hocus Pocus...

The Keen series is one of the best Jump'n'Runs I've ever played :)

My favourite is part 4, which isn't supported by CloneKeen (only 1 - 3 is), but I'm VERY happy playing Keen 1 - 3 again... was 12 years ago I played them :L)

Hahahahaha, sorry guys, i was really excited and just posted and then went back to playing it without really thinking, sorry for the confusion.

This is probably my second most wanted game for the gp2x, second only to episodes 4,5 and 6 of course.

Well, it's not that tough to beat Keen 1 within about an hour's time, so I probably won't be needing saves... Remember, F5 to load state! ;)

Back