Clock Speed. Is Mine Good?

270-280MHz is decent. I don't even know what mine goes to at the moment (I can't be bothered overclocking when running at default speeds seems to do well enough for now - though I'm not using any of the emus that typically need it, bar Squidgesnes, which is ok enough without).

I hate you.

(mine goes to 266)

For what - 275/266 = 3 percent difference? :huh:
It's a pissing contest/mine's longer/mine's faster kind of thing.

It doesn't really matter if it is 3%, you pissed farther, had more manhood, or have a Lamborghini or a Big-Block mustang/camaro.

Besides, I think TelcoLou is just kidding.

I don't even have a GP2X right now, so I guess I am going 0Mhz (my poor manhood/im out of piss/you guys win the race :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get 285mhz out of mine, but i'm not too interested in clock speeds, unless there's a certain game underperforming - for now it's just a temporary thing until some emulators and games are doing a little better, battery life is more important to me than how powerful I can make it.

If anything, I want to see it running games on lower speeds :)

Mine goes up to 290 Mhz in DrMD (just played 15min, but i think it is stable), but as Vynx sais, seing games running at 200 Mhz (or under) is more interresting than OC, but of course it is still usefull in some emulators, i.e. gngeo2x for some games, but with the new release and the FPS boost, maybe 200 Mhz will be enough soon.

can a voltage mod not be done like you could do on the GP32's by replacing the resistors?

If anything, I want to see it running games on lower speeds :)

I'll second that! Just because an emulator runs at 100% at 200MHz doesnt mean it is time to stop optimizing. If the game runs that well at 100MHz then we can underclock and double (well, not really, but increase for sure) our battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back