Beta Cli Love

Do You like the idea of all-in-one pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Whats this: StreaK's CLI Love [beta1]
Info: A really BIG pack of awesome CLI apps that replaces all GUI apps created for OP, and saves your space, memory usage and cpu cycles :) . In general CLI Love has everything to start and just using your openpandora in productive way:

How its working: After starting CLI Love PND you could jump into cli mode any time with keys:
CTRL + F1 -> CTRL + F9 [opens 1 -> 9 different terminals screen]. CD to /bin directory and type dir to see all apps included in this release

WebBrowsers [links / lynx]
Editors [Jed / Nano]
Converters [pdf2text, text2pdf, imagemagick, pdf-to-ps, wbarmaker tools and more]
Archivers [unrar / unzip / unace / lzop / minilzo / 7z / lzmadec / lzopack / uclpack / zipone reloaded / xz]
Networktools [cftp, ftpsync, mtr, ncftp, ]
IM [climm]
Music Players [mikmod, ncmpc, xmp]
File downloaders [aria, axel, youtube downloader, youtube full account downloader]
Stream Downloaders [msdl]
RSS Readers [snownews]
UseNet Reader [slrn]
Systemtools [new grep (original grep from OP is really old and its not working with many scrpits in CLI Love), fgrep, egrep, htop, ]
Productivity [calcurse, remind, ]
Filemanagers [deco/vifm/]

and many many MANY usefull scripts..

Download: http://pnd.to/4floor [on FB Wall]

!Please do not put this BETA into PandoraWiki Software Page without my permission!

!Please keep in mind that it is a BETA software, and new updated wersions will be coming soon!

Feedback welcome..

Thanks for releasing this. I look forward to using a lot of these great CLI tools.
Great job as always!

I voted yes. Here's why :
For command-line stuff it realy make sense to only have one PND to mount to have all your tools available.

(I havent tested your stuff : no time :( )

StreaK said:
!Please do not put this BETA into PandoraWiki Software Page without my permission!

May I ask why not? For "beta" software, I add a bold "beta" text next to its name so that readers know to expect a beta-quality release. The "discussion" link will go to this thread specifically so that people know where to go if they find any problems with the PND. The purpose of the wiki list is to list ALL PNDs that have some use, even potentially buggy ones. The purpose of the official archives (like the File Archive, etc.) is to host more polished PNDs.

We'd be in a bad spot if beta PNDs were not allowed on the wiki list. A great amount of software on the list (maybe even most of it) was released as a "beta" and nothing more, and a lot of it has various bugs, despite also being very useful. And some perfectly-working releases (such as ScummVM) existed for many months under the "beta" title, not being uploaded anywhere officially.

Can I at least list it without providing a download link, instead including only the link to this thread? That's not unreasonable, is it?

--------

A few questions about the release itself:

When I open the PND, are ALL of the apps loaded in memory the entire time, or are they loaded only when I open one? If the former, how much memory is used? Also, is weechat included?

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
May I ask why not? For "beta" software, I add a bold "beta" text next to its name so that readers know to expect a beta-quality release. The "discussion" link will go to this thread specifically so that people know where to go if they find any problems with the PND. The purpose of the wiki list is to list ALL PNDs that have some use, even potentially buggy ones. The purpose of the official archives (like the File Archive, etc.) is to host more polished PNDs.
Yes, of course:
Mainly because i dont want to get any comments, like "hey, man it writes to NAND. wtf?" because im not working with NAND OS anymore on my OP. Im using SD OS [modded angstrom with LXDE onboard]. I will not extensive test apps because i currently have no time to do it. If anyone test it, and find a "NAND write app" in the package please send me email [better] // PM [worse :)] and i'll correct it ASAP.

Esn said:
We'd be in a bad spot if beta PNDs were not allowed on the wiki list. A great amount of software on the list (maybe even most of it) was released as a "beta" and nothing more, and a lot of it has various bugs, despite also being very useful. And some perfectly-working releases (such as ScummVM) existed for many months under the "beta" title, not being uploaded anywhere officially.
Yes, i know. I know..

Esn said:
Can I at least list it without providing a download link, instead including only the link to this thread? That's not unreasonable, is it?
Yes, You can list it on wiki. But please let DOWNLOAD point to this thread and not to file included in the thread, for now.

Esn said:
A few questions about the release itself:

When I open the PND, are ALL of the apps loaded in memory the entire time, or are they loaded only when I open one? If the former, how much memory is used? Also, is weechat included?

Only 9 instances of stjerm [quake-like terminal] are loaded to memory, [switching between terminals CTRL + F1 -> CTRL + F9] everything else is loaded when You want to load by typing in stjerm [app name]. To list apps type "cd bin " and then "ls".

weechat should be included. :)

Who wants to help me out with CLI Love BETA2 tests [checking apps / finding whats not working properly ]?. As a "thank You" for testing CLI Love i'll give new QupZilla PND [excellent webbrowser for OP (wasnt released previously)] and DosBox EX v2.0 (wasnt released previously) to CLI Love tester.

Complete list of apps in BETA2[ and some scripts ]
Code:
7z
7za
7zCon.sfx
7zr
7z.so
abook
_abook
animate
_animate
apps
apps-add
aria2
_aria2c
asapconv
asap-sdl
axel
blip-pl
calcurse
_calcurse
cftp
chkslang
clean
climm
_climm
clines
_clines
clockywock
_clockywock
cls
Codecs
compare
_compare
composite
_composite
conjure
_conjure
convert
_convert
ctris
_ctris
cxmame
_cxmame
data-left
deco
_deco
decode-bit.ly
display
_display
download-amigaremix-mp3
download-asma
download-brainyquote
download-c64remix-mp3
download-demotywatory-pics
download-failblog-pics
download-gog-com
download-imdb
download-modules-pl
download-quoteoftheday
download-youtube-channel
egrep
elmo
_elmo
expand-url
facebook
fdd
_fdd
fddconvert
_fddconvert
ffmpeg
ffplay
ffprobe
ffserver
fgrep
freesweep
_freesweep
frotz
_frotz
ftpsync
gamp
_gamp
gendoc
grep2
help
helpme
history-grep
hnb
_hnb
htop
_htop
identify
_identify
import
_import
io
_io
jed
_jed
ledger
_ledger
links
_links
linksx
_linksx
lmp3
_lmp3
lrzip
lynx
_lynx
lynx.cfg
lynx.lss
lzmadec
_lzmadec
lzopack
mc
_mc
mdcp
_mdcp
mikmod
_mikmod
mogrify
_mogrify
montage
_montage
mp3blaster
_mp3blaster
mp3tag
_mp3tag
mpop
msdl
_msdl
msmtp
mtr
myip
naim
_naim
nano
_nano
ncdc
_ncdc
ncdc-gen-cert
ncdu
_ncdu
ncftp
ncftpbatch
ncftpbookmarks
ncftpget
ncftpls
ncftpput
ncftpspooler
ncmatrix
_ncmatrix
ncmpc
_ncmpc
netstat-apps
netstat-ip
netstatr-ip
nInvaders
_nInvaders
p3c
_p3c
pdfdetach
pdffonts
pdfimages
pdfinfo
pdftops
pdftotext
ping-ip
ping-network
pngcrush
popcheck
_popcheck
pr-proc
prr-proc
ps-cpu-usage
ps-memory-usage
qc
random-password
realtime-data-left
realtime-netstat
realtime-netstat2
remind
_remind
remove-file-extension
robotfindskitten
_robotfindskitten
rsync
_rsync
screencast
screenshot
screenshot-upload
seatris
_seatris
simple
simple-rss-rip
slrn
_slrn
slrnsetup
snownews
_snownews
spell-check
splay
_splay
ssaver
ssysm
_ssysm
stream
_stream
tanya
_tanya
tar-7zip
tar-7zip-unpack
tar-backup
tarbomb
tar-gzip-batch
tbear
_tbear
tbsearch
_tbsearch
temp
_test-graph
test-graph
testmini
tetris
_tetris
text2pdf
text2speech
tf
_tf
tf-mudlist-top20
tig
_tig
tinybc
_tinybc
todo
todo.cfg
translate
trash
twitter
twitterr
twitter.txt
twitter-user
twitter-user-full
twitter-users.txt
uclpack
unace
unlzx
unrar
unrar-check
unrar-damaged
unrar-pass
unzip-all
upload-dropbox
upload-imageshack
upload-imgur
upload-isgd
upload-ompldr
upload-pastehtml
upload-pnd-to
upload-sprunge
upx
urogue
_urogue
vfu
_vfu
vifm
_vifm
wavemon
_wavemon
wbarmaker
web
weechat
_weechat-curses
wget-check-fakelinks
whois
wifi-mon
wiki
xmp
xz
_xz
xzdec
_xzdec
youtube-dl
zipone

Wow, that's a huge list! Is there some kind of inbuilt function in the terminal to get a description of what an app does? (without going online to Google the name, that is)

if the pool was changed to reflect that it was being asked about CLI tools, those no votes will likely go away... they are probably due to the initial thought of how heavy some of the PNDs are, and to mount multiples all at once would kill/lockup the system... that would be my personal guess on that question, sebt3... sounds like the most logical reason to me. Maybe second would be the thought that all the CLI tools mounted at the same time would be a big memory drain, security leak or something along those lines...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
they are probably due to the initial thought of how heavy some of the PNDs are, and to mount multiples all at once would kill/lockup the system...
This have been fixed since.... HF5 ;)

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
Maybe second would be the thought that all the CLI tools mounted at the same time would be a big memory drain, security leak or something along those lines...
they would be wrong ;)

hehe, not saying they ARE right... just throwing out possible justifications... :p

after reading over the list again, aren't some of those tools already there by default (like nano)? Wouldn't see the point in adding second copies to stuff that's already there... just my 2 cents on that (I could be wrong about there being doubles though)...

Back