Cleaning Screen

kram

I was playing my GP32 one day and it started to rain. A few drops got onto the screen and I rubbed them off with my shirt and went inside. The next time I saw my GP32, it had streaks on the screen!! I don't believe the streaks are scratches because it feels realy smooth, so I have concluded that some of the rain ( damn that sky!) some how got on the inside of the screen. How do I take off the screen so I can clean it?

I guess you rubbed the anti-glare coat away... I had the same problem as well (that's why I now have a glass cover :))

Sorry to say, but I guess you won't have any luck cleaning...

If you still want to try, on www.gbax.com is a shot manual how to remove the cover.
But... BE REALLY CAREFUL!

yeah be really careful... I now have a hairline scratch on the second screen below the top one because I changed my screen for a new one...

my antiglare wiped off as well... the replacement screens are much better.... but also now I have a carrycase, and I use a cloth that you get with glasses to keep the screen clean....

this is one part of the GP32 that is very under developed.... compared to the GBASP it is very primative...

Spooke

If you go to GBAX there is a guid to replacing the screen covers - which you can also buy for about £5. Looks a bit fiddly, and the sort of thing you want a dust free environment for.

Back