Chuckie Egg

p00pty2

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I found the source code here It is one of the best BBC Micro games ever !!!

How easy do you think it would be to port over to the GP32 B)

and more to the point, is the anyone willing to give it a go :D

There's no bbc emu, but chuckie egg is also available for the speccy, dragon32, amstrad, c64, and maybe even more (the bbc version wasn't even the first). My personal favourite is the dragon version, but only because thats the first version I played. Even today I can't get the hang of playing it with a black background.

yes it is !!!!!

So anyone with a few sills that would like to do a port, the source cose is up there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no good version. Seriously.

I hated this game then and would still do so today!

There, I've finally said it, who's with me, hey?
HEY???

Spectrum version plays very well on the gp32 with Ryleh's emulator.

And lubidog, quite simply I'm afraid you are WRONG!!!

Chuckie Egg was a ground-breaking platformer (well, quite innovative) and to this day one of my favorites (play it regularly on my gp2x). Most people of a certain age have fond memories of the first time the bird escaped and when good you can happily spend an hour playing a single game.

However, the tune does grate a little admitedly - in fact now you have got me humming it... Oh no. :lol:

lubidog posted on May 29 2006 at 11:18 PM said:
There is no good version. Seriously.

I hated this game then and would still do so today!

There, I've finally said it, who's with me, hey?
HEY???

I agree with Andy, Chuckie Egg is a brilliant little game. Perhaps you werent around the first time it was released. Chuckie Egg is over 20 years old, when it came out in 1984 it was a brilliant platform game which was very addictive. Do the first 8 levels or so and then the bird flies out of the cage to chase you around on every screen.

I even think overtime its held up well. Thats what i love about the older retro games, dont need flash graphics or sound, just are very very playable games.

Surprised you hate it back then though as it was a huge huge hit. You'll be telling me next Manic Miner is crap ! ;)

I was very much around in 1984. I was 14...

No, I loved Manic Miner. But Chuckie Egg just never got to me. Having said that, I was never a Mario Fan until I emulated them all as an adult. And I just LOVED the last DS version! I loved it so much, I finished it. So...

But Chuckie Egg never did it for me. I seem to remember at the time it never got that good reviews either, it was an 84% kinda game, or am I wrong? Was it a crash smash etc?

But Manic Miner, there was love in every screen. That was class.....

Hell, even the Tatung Einstein had a version of Chuckie Egg!

(I do remember playing it on my Beeb back in the day).

lubidog posted on Jul 10 2006 at 09:59 AM said:
But Manic Miner, there was love in every screen. That was class.....

A true classic... last time I played that was on a Speccy emulator on my Psion 5 :D

Back