Help Identify Japanese Megadrive Game

dgame

I was reading the post about best Genesis/Megadrive game and I am looking for an excellent game that I can vaguely remember. It was a Japanese Megadrive game. It is a colorful platform game like Chiki Chiki Boys. Either the main character was egg shaped or the main character’s weapon/sidekick was egg shaped. I remember being able to throw the egg at things and the egg could change forms, like into a helicopter (either by power ups or at certain stages). Now this memory is from like 1989ish, my cousin and I finished it, or clocked it as I was in London at the time. As it was Japanese we never new the name of it, but it sure was fun and frustrating to play.

I found information on Fantastic Dizzy but I don’t think that is the game, unless there is a Japanese version. I think the game I played the egg could transform into things and I seem to specifically remember an egg shaped helicopter, or an egg with propellers. The cartidge had orange or red japanese text and the egg shaped character on it. Any ideas?

Thanks ralp99 that is it!! Magical Hat.

Majikaru Hatto no Buttobi Taabou! Daibouken (Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure or Magical Hat Flying Turbo! Adventure)

Found it and played for over an hour. It is still fun and frustrating as ever.

yeah i remember my friend brought that back from a trip to Japan when we were kids.. i used to play it a lot for little while.

then i rented it when it got localized as "decapattack" and didn't like the new version so much.

if you like this stuff check out the old Sega Master System game 'Psycho Fox,' it's clearly by the same team. A lot of the play mechanics are identical.

Is there an English guide to Magical Hat? What do the pills and things do? I suppose I can figure them out through trial and error like we did back in the day.

Back