Charging Pandora First Time With Mini-USB B Cable From a Computer

Glyph Reader

Hello everyone!  Just a few hours ago, I got my Pandora!  When I got the charger out, I realized that the charger did not come with a US adapter.  I know that a PSP charger is compatable with the Pandora, but I want to fully charge the Pandora until I can go out and purchase one. 

Would a Mini-USB B cable plugged into a desktop be able to fully charge the Pandora while it is in Low Power mode?  Or would you all reccomend turning it off until I can use an AC adaptor? 

-Glyph Reader

Can I ask a question? What do you mean by "fully charging"?

I'm asking because as far as I know, output of the PSP charger and the Pandora charger is same.

Can I ask a question? What do you mean by "fully charging"?

I'm asking because as far as I know, output of the PSP charger and the Pandora charger is same.

I'll try to clarify.  I will be purchasing a PSP charger to use as my Pandora charger since the charger that comes with the Pandora did not come with a compatible plug.  I wanted to "fully charge" the Pandora---as in charge the battery until it is full---as soon as possible.  Since I can not go out to get a PSP charger until tomorrow, I wanted to know if the Pandora could be completely charged through the MiniAB USB port.  using a Mini USB-B cable connected to my desktop. 

So far, the Pandora has been charging (albeit slowly), but I wanted to be sure. 

-Glyph Reader

Yes, the Pandora should charge to the same level whether charging via the DC port or the USB-mini port.  The charge light will then turn off and it'll let the battery run till around 80% then start charging again, so if you unplug it just after the charge light goes out you should get it charged as fully as possible.

Yes, the Pandora should charge to the same level whether charging via the DC port or the USB-mini port.  The charge light will then turn off and it'll let the battery run till around 80% then start charging again, so if you unplug it just after the charge light goes out you should get it charged as fully as possible.
Thank you for the clarification!  I was probably overthinking things...

-Glyph Reader

Back