[solved] Mini USB adaptor/cable

sle85276

Hello,

until now i tried twice to buy a mini USB (male) to USB A (female) cable or adaptor to connect my USB devices, that don't work on the USB A connector [1]. At least for the UMTS stick it is not a option to use a USB hub. What i bought so fare can be physically connected to the pandora, but does not work, even with devices that work on the normal USB a connector.

Can anyone please tell me the "keywords" that should be included in the description of the adaptor/cable or even better, do you have a link for the adaptor/cable to a (german) vendor you are using allready successful.

Thank you for your support.

[1] XS Stick W14 (UMTS), Logilink ID0050 (wireless keyboard, mouse)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not possible - the USB B connector hosts an USB on To Go Port which can only be used for certain kinds of applications (thank Intel/MS for that) see here for further explanations.

there is nothing to see that make sense here - move along

Thats not possible - the USB B connector hosts an USB on To Go Port which can only be used for certain kinds of applications (thank Intel/MS for that) see here for further explanations.
According to this article (german only) it should be possible

It is possible, you just need to get the Pandora into host-mode. I think there was also a solution to force host mode in software but I don't remember how.

In hardware, however, the ID-pin on the plug for the Pandora needs to be connected to ground, according to Wikipedia. I managed to solder the pins of my adapter together with a soldering iron.

According to this article (german only) it should be possible
Seeing further into this via here and getting to there it seems I was wrong (sorry for that), Did you try connecting something else (like a mouse) maybe the OTG Port isn't providing enough current ? Or try setting it into host mode manually (see second link)

OK, i made some progress. After enableing "Start USB Network on bootup" and rebooting, i get now two "root hubs". "Enable USB Host on bootup" was already set.

Code:
$ sudo lsusb

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

But playing with "echo" does not help at all

Code:
$ sudo su -

# echo host > /sys/devices/platform/musb-omap2430/musb-hdrc/mode

# cat /sys/devices/platform/musb-omap2430/musb-hdrc/mode

b_idle

# echo host >> /sys/devices/platform/musb-omap2430/musb-hdrc/mode

# cat /sys/devices/platform/musb-omap2430/musb-hdrc/mode

b_idle

I have ordered now a "mini USB A" to "USB A" cable and hope that it will work.

Thank you all so fare.

Ah, I have the successor to your UMTS stick, at least mine draws way too much power for the OTG port.

And the module you want to load is called g_cdc but echo didn't do anything for me either :/

You could try to solder the two pins together, that worked for me but killed 2 out of 4 adapters

Back