Changing some basic settings and loading a PND on boot

TimmyB

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I received a TV out cable last week and have now set my Pandora up as the 'brain' of a MAME cabinet by connecting it to an old CRT and an X Arcade 2 player set.

What I'd love to do is have a few settings changed automatically on boot so that anyone can walk up and switch a few buttons and start playing.

I have a CC Pandora. What I'd like to achieve is:
- Set speed to 800mhz
- Enable USB host 
- Enable TV out with specific settings. (PAL, composite, hw scaler, X, Y, width, height) 
- Launch panmame (preferably from within XFCE)

I'm a web developer but my Linux skills are still low despite owning this Pandora since the early days.

I don't mind if these are achieved by changing defaults in a config file or a stand alone script.

Any help to achieve this is appreciated!

Thats almost all in the settings menu, very easy to spot. Startup settings and advanced cpu clock settings. 

autostarting a pnd however, not sure if the pnd system is ready at the time when autostart kicks in, you will probably have to add "sleep 10" in front in the exec line. 

But basically you just copy the .desktop file from ~/.local/share/applications into the autostart dir, so idea where that is atm. 

Well general Linux knowledge and Pandora Knowledge can be two different things... 

- Set speed to 800mhz
Start Menu->Settings->CPU Settings-> Set the default maximum MHz

- Enable USB host 
Start Menu->Settings->Startup->Enable/Disable services on boot->Enable USB Host

- Enable TV out with specific settings. (PAL, composite, hw scaler, X, Y, width, height) 
There is probably a more elegant solution, but I ended up hacking an init script on my Rebirth Pandora on my TV dedicated system... I'll share what I did when I get home as I'm away from that Pandora at the moment.

Being at work I can't easily help you here until I get the time to think this through.  

Speaking of x,y settings for tv-out, what is the best way to adjust (trial and error?).  I have one tv where the default is perfect, it fits the whole screen.  On a different tv however there is about a 1 inch gap on the left and a half inch gap on the right that I am looking to reduce and center the screen.

Speaking of x,y settings for tv-out, what is the best way to adjust (trial and error?).  I have one tv where the default is perfect, it fits the whole screen.  On a different tv however there is about a 1 inch gap on the left and a half inch gap on the right that I am looking to reduce and center the screen.
I did trial and error and made specific profiles.

Well general Linux knowledge and Pandora Knowledge can be two different things... 

- Set speed to 800mhz
Start Menu->Settings->CPU Settings-> Set the default maximum MHz

- Enable USB host 
Start Menu->Settings->Startup->Enable/Disable services on boot->Enable USB Host

There is probably a more elegant solution, but I ended up hacking an init script on my Rebirth Pandora on my TV dedicated system... I'll share what I did when I get home as I'm away from that Pandora at the moment.

Being at work I can't easily help you here until I get the time to think this through.  
thanks for your help, I've implemented what I can of these to good effect 

Any further tips are greatly appreciated and if you have a bitcoin address I may even tip you back. ;)

Back