Censorship On The Forum

A_SN

In the thread about the new console, I noticed that yesterday, at the time of the post of my last comment, my post was #1403, now it's #1391, what's happened to about 12 posts before mine? Did they get just deleted?

A_SN said:
In the thread about the new console, I noticed that yesterday, at the time of the post of my last comment, my post was #1403, now it's #1391, what's happened to about 12 posts before mine? Did they get just deleted?
Yeah, some of Dzz's post were deleted, too. There may have been things that shouldn't have been posted or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMars said:
A_SN said:
Yeah, some of Dzz's post were deleted, too. There may have been things that shouldn't have been posted or something.

What kind of things? You've aroused my curiousity :)

OMars said:
A_SN said:

Really? I wonder which posts... I don't have any information that isn't well known. Perhaps I should limit my posts to announcements about my own projects.

I think it's stupid that the thread got closed. I know what the arguments for closing it were, but they mostly hang on whether one of the posters was or wasn't someone who was banned!

I was enjoying that thread right up to the end, the discussion about the chipsets was enlightening. Why can't we be trusted to have open debate? Who cares if it was Pi? Not me.

Are we not allowed to discuss the new console? After all the teasing from Craig et all, why not? Should we just make lots of new smaller threads about different aspects, or keep it in one place?

I am sure some mod will answer how the debate had run it's course, that Epicenter was trolling etc. But even if that is true, why close the thread? Why not let it carry one until some new point is made that fires up the discussion. And I really don't see how the thread was being ruined. Vimacs made the lamest post I have ever read, something about "the new consoles not having those faults so there!" End of debate!!!

Why the hostility towards us? If I make a new thread about the new console, will I be banned? Under what rule? Or will a new one be made up?

Actually, I ain't that bothered. Let the mods have their little power trips, if it helps them!

lubidog said:
I think it's stupid that the thread got closed. I know what the arguments for closing it were, but they mostly hang on whether one of the posters was or wasn't someone who was banned!

I was enjoying that thread right up to the end, the discussion about the chipsets was enlightening. Why can't we be trusted to have open debate? Who cares if it was Pi? Not me.

Are we not allowed to discuss the new console? After all the teasing from Craig et all, why not? Should we just make lots of new smaller threads about different aspects, or keep it in one place?

I am sure some mod will answer how the debate had run it's course, that Epicenter was trolling etc. But even if that is true, why close the thread? Why not let it carry one until some new point is made that fires up the discussion. And I really don't see how the thread was being ruined. Vimacs made the lamest post I have ever read, something about "the new consoles not having those faults so there!" End of debate!!!

Why the hostility towards us? If I make a new thread about the new console, will I be banned? Under what rule? Or will a new one be made up?

Actually, I ain't that bothered. Let the mods have their little power trips, if it helps them!
Vimacs said that there was no post about closing this thread in the mod forum which is unusual. Something fishy is going around here.. :ph34r:

lubidog said:
I think it's stupid that the thread got closed.
No, was not. If you think it sucks, start your own forum and make your own rules.

Okay, will do!

But why was the thread closed? Answer me that?

The thing is, we all hate rudeness on a forum, flaming someone, bad spelling and grammar etc. But when a thread that I was enjoying gets closed with no explanation, it's just as rude!

It is like I am talking with someone, then someone else comes up and tells me I can't talk anymore. But doesn't tell me why. As if I was a child and he is my parent etc. It's just as rude to close a thread without warning or explanation as it is to flame.

So, mr B.O.B, asnswer me that one!

b_o_b said:
lubidog said:
I think it's stupid that the thread got closed.
No, was not. If you think it sucks, start your own forum and make your own rules.

He didn't say that it was against the rules or that it was against the law or that it was immoral. He said it was stupid, which it was.

that thread was beginning to annoy the piss out of me because of all the concept photos and whatnot, i know it doesnt matter if people make them but it would be nice if we could all just wait and see what comes instead of asking for certain stuff.

sure its ok to say "id love it if the new handheld had this feature", but complaining about certain features (analog sticks,touchscreens,wifi,the chipset) really is just futile since its up to the devs at the end of the day.

Samba Pa Ti said:
that thread was beginning to annoy the piss out of me because of all the concept photos and whatnot, i know it doesnt matter if people make them but it would be nice if we could all just wait and see what comes instead of asking for certain stuff.

sure its ok to say "id love it if the new handheld had this feature", but complaining about certain features (analog sticks,touchscreens,wifi,the chipset) really is just futile since its up to the devs at the end of the day.

Sure, some of the pictures were childish and irrelevant. But the discussion on the Soc and the uses of it etc was interesting. To me at least. I thought Keyboard Cowboy and Dzz were interesting.

And it's up to the devs, sure. But it's up to us to buy the thing. The whole point of this, and the exciting part of it, was that it was OUR device. We were discussing what we would like to see on it. If you just want to leave it to a few devs then go out and buy the latest Toshiba or Sony device. But we were arguing the pros and cons of what we, us retro gamers want!

I accept that the debate had gone a bit stale. But there is so much left to talk about. Even Craig had said he was enjoying it.

Now we just have to wait and see what they give us. That's fine, but why on earth can't we discuss it in a thread just for that! Has one person, who may or may not be Epicenter, by pointing out a few areas in which to be careful scared the developers so much that we can't discuss it etc?

Again, closing threads that were alive and lively without warning, or even a post to explain why is just terrible modding! That at least is unarguable...

Samba Pa Ti said:

Relax :) I don't mind that it was closed, we got a lot of nice info from people on what they wanted/liked etc.

I'm sure there will be a more up to date thread soonish.

lubidog said:
Now we just have to wait and see what they give us. That's fine, but why on earth can't we discuss it in a thread just for that! Has one person, who may or may not be Epicenter, by pointing out a few areas in which to be careful scared the developers so much that we can't discuss it etc?

Again, closing threads that were alive and lively without warning, or even a post to explain why is just terrible modding! That at least is unarguable...
Epicenter was ruining the nice conversation there, not a mod. Appearantly you're not capable of reading between the lines, but I think most of us here can.
If anyone is capable of making a better device than Craig, let the person make one himself and stop arguing endlessly and slowing down development.

craigix said:
Relax :) I don't mind that it was closed, we got a lot of nice info from people on what they wanted/liked etc.

I'm sure there will be a more up to date thread soonish.
Word. But what worries me is not that the thread got closed, but that a dozen posts disappeared.

By the way, where's my BoB? :rolleyes:

I personally enjoyed the people's mockups, and thoughts on the project, just cos one stupid person spoils the fun, doesn't mean it has to be ruined for everyone, just ban that person.

Damn...

Nova said:
I personally enjoyed the people's mockups, and thoughts on the project, just cos one stupid person spoils the fun, doesn't mean it has to be ruined for everyone, just ban that person.

Damn...
What one stupid person?

Squidge said:
A_SN said:
What one stupid person?
The troll who's name starts with 'e' and ends with 'r'.

First of all, KeyboardCowboy wasn't Epicenter, some people pointed out why, and then he wasn't saying anything stupid. The only idiots were the stubborn ones who kept claiming he was Epicenter, thus dismissing his pertinent comments and ruining the discussion.

Anyways, this topic is about deleted posts, NOT KeyboardCowboy, thanks.

Back