Status
Not open for further replies.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
See my signature?

I didn't put that there, Mali did.

I this that's amazingly unprofessional, he has also been sending me ranting PMs about how he is approving, editing and deleting my posts.

This forum is my livelihood - I depend on this for my living. Right now I've no idea what is being edited, deleted, or crated in my name on here.

What he is doing is pathetic and I want to bring it to the attention of the forum.

craigix said:
See my signature?

I didn't put that there, Mali did.

I this that's amazingly unprofessional, he has also been sending me ranting PMs about how he is approving, editing and deleting my posts.

This forum is my livelihood - I depend on this for my living. Right now I've no idea what is being edited, deleted, or crated in my name on here.

What he is doing is pathetic and I want to bring it to the attention of the forum.

i agree

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig, your trolling has got really out of hand, and this is not endearing you to the community.

Mali is a great mod and does a fantastic job, and I'm sure most everyone would agree. Just because you've thrown your teddy in the corner about a warning you've recieved, does not mean he should be stripped of his moderator status. Personally I feel you get let off lightly sometimes, your frequent insults sometimes get unnoticed because of your relationship with the Pandora project.

If you still have a problem, take it up with ED, but frankly this issue has no right to be battled out in public.

Oh come on Craig :rolleyes: I just put in the two missing sentences of my private message that you put in your sig. If you think it's appropriate to put private messages in you sig than don't do it out of context.
The funny thing is that I was already on the way out before you posted this ridiculous thread requesting my own un-modding.

Even though I questioned him before, I think Mali is being a very responsible and thoughtful mod of late.

So there :)

You shouldn't depend on a forum that isn't yours for your livelihood. To that extent I think you're right to reopen the official forums. I always did check there too and was kind of unhappy when they were unceremoniously dumped just because this place was favored.

But that doesn't really place you above the law here, so to speak. Anyone can try to use the forums as a means of operating a business. Mali doesn't really have to behave "professionally" because he isn't a professional (doesn't get paid for to mod gp32x). On the other hand, claims that you don't handle people professionally here would at least be more semantically relevant.

One way or another Mali has taken it upon himself to clean up these forums and disabling posts is a style that he considers appropriate and effective. I don't really like this practice (got into it in a thread before) but it's a complex issue that doesn't have a clear cut resolution.

This thread just gives your side of the story, without really saying much. Mali shouldn't edit sigs, I agree, but you probably shouldn't paste excerpts of his PMs there either. He probably won't do it again now. There's no way he should be demodded just because you say so, and making a thread demanding it probably isn't going to make it happen... too bad he wants to step down now anyway. Maybe that was your intention, in which case, good job.

mali said:
If you think it's appropriate to put private messages in you sig than don't do it out of context.
I'm pretty sure out of context sigs is the lifeblood of the internet. Or at least it likes to get drunk on them on weekends.

@Exo
Just to be clear, I was on the way out for a few weeks already but didn't do the final step, yet ;)
The other MODs can confirm it as I made a thread in the MOD section about it.

I apologize for editing your sig, Craig. Now just come back, I get demodded and business as usual can commence. An other MOD can kick your ass out of the WIZ section in the future :p

you no want no drama, no no drama

mali before you get demodded I say you unban PV.

I think Mali is getting better at modding. All you can do is try to improve.

I would urge him to keep practising his modding skills rather than step down. But if he is not enjoying it, then I understand.

ghostbusters-20090702101439824-000.jpg

WizardStan said:
mali said:
If you think it's appropriate to put private messages in you sig than don't do it out of context.
I'm pretty...drunk on them...weekends.
You mean like that?

Gerix said:
You mean like that?
I was thinking more along the lines of the "Fucking Exophase" quote, but sure :p

I think mali is a great mod. So please don't go, let him go or send him to retirement.

Exophase said:
You shouldn't depend on a forum that isn't yours for your livelihood. To that extent I think you're right to reopen the official forums. I always did check there too and was kind of unhappy when they were unceremoniously dumped just because this place was favored.
He plans to do that...

Craigix @ twitter said:
We're setting up a new forum for iControlpad + Pandora.

sbock said:
I think mali is a great mod. So please don't go, let him go or send him to retirement.
Hey, sbock :)
I think it's the right time to get rid of your differences with Exo. I know you like each other, so try a hug :)

sbock said:
Send him out to the fields to stud, you mean?

I have had to have private words with Craig in the past about his attitude, just because of his association with the Pandora does not give him the right to flame or use bad language.

My thoughts on the subject are that if this place is his livelihood, then he should act in a professional manner at all times. Reacting to flames with aggression and complaining when he himself gets moderated is definitely not the way he should be conducting himself.

Sorry Craig but the truth is that sometimes you do go off half cocked and I think you sometimes need to step back before pressing the send button.

I'm closing this thread now, and if you feel the need to take this further then talk to us mods in PM or see ED or Hando.

Clare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back