Ce Certification Now Invalid?

I believe CE is similar enough to FCC, that a resistor change that directly affects the WiFi module would require it to be re-certified again.

Is there any plan to do this?

I agree that additional certification is worth any amount of added delay.

I for one think they should wait for recertification until they've implemented the hdmi out, newest omap, wireless n, click nubs, saturn / dreamcast emulation through wine, and paint it blaze orange... Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, sim cards, microSD, and backlit keys

banjeed said:
I for one think they should wait for recertification until they've implemented the hdmi out, newest omap, wireless n, click nubs, saturn / dreamcast emulation through wine, and paint it blaze orange... Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, sim cards, microSD, and backlit keys

Dude, how could you forget accelerometer and rumble? Otherwise, we can't emulate Yoshi Topsy-Turvy or Drill Dozer!

(seriously though: Drill Dozer, great game, go play it now)

Last edited by a moderator:
chole said:
banjeed said:

Dude, how could you forget accelerometer and rumble? Otherwise, we can't emulate Yoshi Topsy-Turvy or Drill Dozer!

(seriously though: Drill Dozer, great game, go play it now)

They should just add a time machine to it and then we can go back and troll on the forums even harder, because there will be two copies of ourselves. Of course you could tell the team what was going to go wrong but trolling works way better, right?

Critical_Impact said:
They should just add a time machine to it and then we can go back and troll on the forums even harder, because there will be two copies of ourselves.
Oh yes, I'd sign up an alt account and troll myself for masochistic lulz.

Gruso said:
Critical_Impact said:
They should just add a time machine to it and then we can go back and troll on the forums even harder, because there will be two copies of ourselves.
Oh yes, I'd sign up an alt account and troll myself for masochistic lulz.
I think Critical_Impact already knew that, if you see what I'm getting at...

Gruso said:
... no requirement AFAIK. ...

That wouldn't make sense, i.e. in FCC when you RF certify a device, then do changes to the RF device that affects it after it's been certified, you then again do a re-certification.

I don't think the resistor affects anything the wifi chip does signal-wise, just the way its buffer / etc interact with the host side.... is that not correct?
i.e. the resistor was messing up its timing so it wasn't sending the sdio data correctly.

rabidpoobear said:
I don't think the resistor affects anything the wifi chip does signal-wise, just the way its buffer / etc interact with the host side.... is that not correct?
i.e. the resistor was messing up its timing so it wasn't sending the sdio data correctly.

Well could have a direct affect it average TX output, i.e. due to the resistor causing a loss of many SDIO commands could prevent the WiFi module to never transmit continuous wireless frames. That affect alone does change the CE results results signal-wise (i.e. averaged TX output over x time.)

The think that stands out to me is that the Pandora was mainly tested for emissions from key parts, not for whether they worked well under X or minimal or what have you, so the Wifi already was tested and worked and the technical change was practically inconsequential to whether or not the Pandora will give you cancer, obstruct critical emergency communications or bring down a 747. If anything the change just made the pandora work BETTER so why would the addition of something almost the size of a grain of sand invalidate something that tests already dictated was working just fine?

mali said:
The TX portion worked ok all the time anyway, the RX had problems.
Case closed.

I call BS -->

I love how you jumped in saying it was TX, but not RX, so go move along Troll.

From the linked blog above, the reality is Rev4/5 boards should have be junked and never been used. Tacking on resistor to fix the signal clock to the WiFi is a good reason to have it re-certified.

^ I like being called a troll :)
I love you :wub:

But still, you miss some info, so here you go
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?app=core&module=search

Aaaaah. Okay. Now I get why people were so uppity about the misuse of the term 'troll'. I see it now. It's everywhere.

(I still think my use of it was very close to being justified if not. ;) )

Back