Cd That Comes With The Gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
challenger3 posted on Feb 11 2006 at 11:13 PM said:
my apologies for giving out false information, i thought that the sdk was included with all gp2x consoles.

wait a minute one of the primary reasons I bought a gp2x was cos. it came with a free sdk kit, so what are you saying?

Anyway my GP2x came in the post today and I threw the 'CD' into my computer, aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddddddd.................!

- nothing

it didn't work the disc doesn't load and it looks like theres nothing on it.

:angry: does anyone know if the disc is a CD or a DVD, if its a dvd then its my computers fault for being crap.
I got a free blank cd with mine aswell :D

I'm not to bothered, as I had spent Sunday afternoon downloading the latest releases for my GP2X.

techFreak posted on Feb 11 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
We ship the GP2X with a CD containing SDK and free software . Anyway people can easily download them from the archive as well.

Where's the SDK in the archives? I've been looking for it, but no luck.

I'd rather have it all on a CD with the GP2X as promised.

I don't really want to spend a whole sunday afternoon downloading it, couldn't find the 'archive' anyway.

challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 01:18 PM said:

I don't really want to spend a whole sunday afternoon downloading it, couldn't find the 'archive' anyway.

Here's 'the archive' It's really not that hard. I always thought the main part of this is being able to customise it how you like.

halo9 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 02:29 PM said:
challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 01:18 PM said:

Here's 'the archive' It's really not that hard. I always thought the main part of this is being able to customise it how you like.

Well I suppose it wouldn't seem that hard to you. But for someone new to this scene it is. Its not as if I am the only person who couldn't find the archive now is it?

Anyway this is all beside the point, because it is ADVERTISED that the gp2x comes with a sdk and without a a disc I haven't got a clue how to use my GP2X!

challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 02:54 PM said:
Anyway this is all beside the point, because it is ADVERTISED that the gp2x comes with a sdk and without a a disc I haven't got a clue how to use my GP2X!

You don't need an SDK (Software Development Kit) to use the GP2X, perhaps you're looking for the user guide:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,933

challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 12:18 PM said:

By the time ou got the CD half the software would be out of date, so you'd need to spend time getting the latest versions anyway, and the CD will then just end up in a landfill for however many years.

The only benefit of the CD is that you have something to try out on your new GP2X as soon as you get it. (Personally, I downloaded a load of programs for it as soon as I ordered, just so I'd be ready :D )

challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 04:54 PM said:
Well I suppose it wouldn't seem that hard to you. But for someone new to this scene it is. Its not as if I am the only person who couldn't find the archive now is it?

Hmm... if you ever read a single newspost at this site and followed the download-link, you would've found it ;) Or by clicking on the Download-Button at the mainpage ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Feb 13 2006 at 12:53 AM said:
challenger3 posted on Feb 12 2006 at 04:54 PM said:

Hmm... if you ever read a single newspost at this site and followed the download-link, you would've found it ;) Or by clicking on the Download-Button at the mainpage ;)

sigh. not really the point though.

Back